Marlins Sign Gio Gonzlalez

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

This is a absolutely great move.. for the 2010 Marlins.

For the 2021 Marlins, for any new pitcher signed I rate them on the Yamamoto-Dugger scale, which is something I just invented two seconds ago as I am writing this.

The Yamamoto-Dugger scale rates new pitchers signed based on how much of an improvement they are over those two pitchers from last year that they are replacing. Starters to Yamamoto and relief pitchers to Dugger. Scale of one to ten.

So on the Yamamoto-Dugger scale I give Gio Gonzalez a 9.0 rating. So I like it!

P.S. Yes you did just spend a minute of your time reading all that nonsense I just wrote. 😂

I personally think this is the new standard to judge pitchers on, and I professionally give this virtual thumbs-up that represents my real thumbs-up  ---->  👍

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Pretty happy with this offseason. Improved the bullpen, added some power and added a veteran lefty (I hope he gets the 5th spot). Methinks we're gonna surprise a lot of people this year (again)

I thought the offseason ended in early November and that the Marlins did nothing because they didn't care and needed a new owner? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

In the wording of that quote, isn't every team the hometown team? He didn't say MY hometown team. So no matter what city he's playing in he plays for the hometown team.

#Actually, no one lives in Unincorporated Miami-Dade County, so anyone who played for the Marlins from 1993-2011 did not play for the hometown team. 

Edited by SongInTheAir

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Alright so I've been pretending this whole time, I really have no idea who this guy is in the thread title.

Tell me about this ...

Gio GonzLalez?

He's a left-handed pitcher the Mlarlins signed. He's a bit of celebrity locally because he grew up in Hialelah. He previously played for the Washington Naltionals.

5 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

He's a left-handed pitcher the Mlarlins signed. He's a bit of celebrity locally because he grew up in Hialelah. He previously played for the Washington Naltionals.

This bit has legs, the extra s one died off too quick.