Has anyone got their Season Tickets uploaded yet?

1 hour ago, Michael said:

So it turns out that credit I received from the Marlins for my tickets being canceled is ALSO subject to fees on future purchases. So instead of what would have been 9 tickets total for $281 + three hats, I'd be able to get, AT BEST, 7 tickets, no hats, and those tickets are the cheapest.

I really may end up going public with this after all because from $281, I'm essentially only getting $140-ish (MAYBE) returned to me, and it's only money usable in one specific place.

Yeah, that's absurd, and something needs to be done about that.

16 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Fuck you.

People afraid of swearing are like little fucking pansies.  

Men swear.  Dont be a little child. 

I'm saying doing it so often, like drugs, makes it lose effectiveness.

You saying "fuck you" means a lot less than if I say it.

Bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well... now I'm here with a ticketing problem that I'm shocked they can't help me with...

So I bought tickets to the 4/2 game. Seating is done by pods... the pod is like 6 open seats. I bought three tickets in that pod, so there are now 3 open seats in that pod. Talking with my wife yesterday we thought it would be a great idea to treat two family members to go with us to the game. So in the past you could just go online and select the two extra seats but because of covid the pod closes when you are buying online so that random people can't sit with you, that's understandable. 

So I called the ticketing department today to speak to a ticketing rep in person because I figure this is something that can be done by a specific person overriding the online system. I said I have this section and row, I have seats 2-4, I know the rest of the pod is open, I just want to buy seats 5 and 6. I was told this can't be done because once a purchase is made the seating pod is closed and no more tickets can be sold for that pod. I told them I get that but I know there are three empty seats in what is now my pod and I would like to purchase two more of those seats for two members of my family, why can't I do that? I was told it just can't be done. Total BS. I don't believe they can't override this. If a random person calls and asks for specific seats I get it but I feel like I have a very easy situation that could be solved easily if they actually thought about it.

They denied themselves two ticket sales right there. I'm wondering if I should try and fight more and speak to someone a little higher up or if I should just screw them out of my money. Part of me wants to screw them but part of me also wants someone higher up to hear about this because it's bad business. Feels like a manager with common sense would side with me. I felt like this guy just didn't want to help me but he gave no mind to the fact that he's turning away someone who is ready to pay for tickets. I can't stand people like that, probably didn't wanna work any harder today.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Well... now I'm here with a ticketing problem that I'm shocked they can't help me with...

So I bought tickets to the 4/2 game. Seating is done by pods... the pod is like 6 open seats. I bought three tickets in that pod, so there are now 3 open seats in that pod. Talking with my wife yesterday we thought it would be a great idea to treat two family members to go with us to the game. So in the past you could just go online and select the two extra seats but because of covid the pod closes when you are buying online so that random people can't sit with you, that's understandable. 

So I called the ticketing department today to speak to a ticketing rep in person because I figure this is something that can be done by a specific person overriding the online system. I said I have this section and row, I have seats 2-4, I know the rest of the pod is open, I just want to buy seats 5 and 6. I was told this can't be done because once a purchase is made the seating pod is closed and no more tickets can be sold for that pod. I told them I get that but I know there are three empty seats in what is now my pod and I would like to purchase two more of those seats for two members of my family, why can't I do that? I was told it just can't be done. Total BS. I don't believe they can't override this. If a random person calls and asks for specific seats I get it but I feel like I have a very easy situation that could be solved easily if they actually thought about it.

They denied themselves two ticket sales right there. I'm wondering if I should try and fight more and speak to someone a little higher up or if I should just screw them out of my money. Part of me wants to screw them but part of me also wants someone higher up to hear about this because it's bad business. Feels like a manager with common sense would side with me. I felt like this guy just didn't want to help me but he gave no mind to the fact that he's turning away someone who is ready to pay for tickets. I can't stand people like that, probably didn't wanna work any harder today.

It's probably someone that doesn't care and the system won't let him do it, so he's just like "sorry" without thinking of the ramifications it can have, or trying to fix it.

Since you/we are more of a fan than the average person, I'm leaning toward you trying to get in touch with someone if you can, so that you wind up helping those casual fans out, which can only be better for the team long-term.

You might be willing to overlook something like that, but Joe Smith casual fan might write the team off completely with an experience like that and what @Michael is going through.  Could also bring up that someone you know isn't being refunded his full amount if you get in touch with someone.

I have to hope higher ups don't know these things are happening, because they're only hurting themselves with stuff like this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

(I am getting my entire purchase cost back, just for the record, but had to do it through my credit card company)

Right, but it still reflects quite poorly on the Marlins, and as I said above, a casual fan would likely write the team off completely if that happened to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Right, but it still reflects quite poorly on the Marlins, and as I said above, a casual fan would likely write the team off completely if that happened to them.

Absolutely. I have decided to not attend a game this year after this, so that says something.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This is definitely something that should have been escalated. Absolutely no good reason this can't be manually handled. I believe the system doesn't allow it because I am sure they use archaic code, but a human could easily do this for you.