SilverBullet

2019 MLB Draft, Marlins pick 4th, select OF JJ Bleday

I just found out today that Kolek had ANOTHER surgery two weeks ago and may miss another season. God that pick was such a disaster.

5 hours ago, FutureGM said:

I just found out today that Kolek had ANOTHER surgery two weeks ago and may miss another season. God that pick was such a disaster.

Maybe he would eventually pan out to the big league in the age of 40…

Marlins would be absolute morons to not pick Vaughn if he is still on the board at 4.  

• Like 2

I went to Vandy so that’s one reason I want it to be Bleday.  Another is we need help sooner rather than later.  Having said that, this regime has talked constantly about defense and athleticism.  They seem to devalue power hitters because of the size of the park.  And they’ve seemingly concentrated on “five tool” guys in so many of their recent acquisitions.  So, if there is a raw, athletic, five tool high school player available who struggles to hit breaking balls, that’s probably who they’ll take.

Just now, LHPMarlin said:

So, if there is a raw, athletic, five tool high school player available who struggles to hit breaking balls, that’s probably who they’ll take

Let's hope not.

38 minutes ago, LHPMarlin said:

Having said that, this regime has talked constantly about defense and athleticism.  They seem to devalue power hitters because of the size of the park.  And they’ve seemingly concentrated on “five tool” guys in so many of their recent acquisitions.  

I agree with this but I think the feeling or at least the hope is that since they've already acquired plenty of those guys now they'll focus on acquiring what we need elsewhere.

So yes they've stayed away from power hitters but you would think they know that eventually they'll have to target those guys alongside their defense/athleticism guys.

Hopefully that starts tomorrow. 

Vaughn is just a great hitter, period, so I think it'd be best if they went with him. His power is a bonus.

If Vaughn Is there at 4 they have to pick him. I’m afraid we’ll pick someone that isn’t Vaughn or bleday. Because as a Marlins fan, I’m like a battered spouse, so I believe the team will find a way to fuck this up. 

1 hour ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

If Vaughn Is there at 4 they have to pick him. I’m afraid we’ll pick someone that isn’t Vaughn or bleday. Because as a Marlins fan, I’m like a battered spouse, so I believe the team will find a way to fuck this up. 

If both are gone, take CJ Abrams.