Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Playoffs? .500? I'll Eat a Marlin if the Marlins Finish at .500.

This is nice...

Screenshot_20190605-065417_Twitter.jpg

It won't last all season but this also isn't just one good weekend or something like that. Enjoy it while it lasts but to keep pace with the Dodgers Yankees and Astros for nearly a month is very cool.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It won't last all season but this also isn't just one good weekend or something like that. Enjoy it while it lasts but to keep pace with the Dodgers Yankees and Astros for nearly a month is very cool.

In your case, your team is keeping pace with the Marlins for nearly a month.

In all seriousness, what's also really nice about that is none of the teams listed there are in the NL East besides us.

8 hours ago, Das Texan said:

I'd be shocked if that happened.  

1. Having 4 to 5 draft picks hit in 2 years is beyond difficult.  

2. You cant built all around organizational depth with really one good draft.  

Finishing .500 doesnt do you any good.  It doesnt get you into the playoffs.  It doesnt do anything but sound warm and fuzzy and get you lower draft picks and lower draft pools monetarily.  

Especially if you do it with an assortment of veterans around.  Thats even more useless long term. 

I mean if you trade away veterans and kids come up and do it, thats fine in that respect.  

Going back and really analyzing the Marlins picks...

No way are 4 to 5 of the draft picks in this draft contributors to the MLB club in 2020 or 2021 and if they are, its fringy not really all that great from 2 to 3 of them.  

Bleday could yes.

Misner we will see, I'm not nearly as high on him as some others.  He fell for a reason.

4 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Why ?

Obvious, Too big. Will get stuck in your throat.

• Laugh 1

54 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Misner we will see, I'm not nearly as high on him as some others.  He fell for a reason.

Isn't the reason an ankle injury that killed his numbers? Because if it's that and he's healthy again then it should be easy for him to rise back up. The injury might have been a blessing for the Marlins to have him fall to them.

19 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Isn't the reason an ankle injury that killed his numbers? Because if it's that and he's healthy again then it should be easy for him to rise back up. The injury might have been a blessing for the Marlins to have him fall to them.

I know he had a foot injury in 2018 but I dont know of any ankle injury in 2019.

Screenshot_20190605-103153_Chrome.jpg

Don't get too excited guys, OBVIOUSLY Tuesday was the high point of the season. It's all downhill from here. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't get too excited guys, OBVIOUSLY Tuesday was the high point of the season. It's all downhill from here.

I don't think that's what was meant by that - they're right, so far Tuesday has been the high point. 16-0 victory. It could improve.

• Laugh 1

6 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Going back and really analyzing the Marlins picks...

No way are 4 to 5 of the draft picks in this draft contributors to the MLB club in 2020 or 2021 and if they are, its fringy not really all that great from 2 to 3 of them.  

Bleday could yes.

I would be perfectly fine if by 2021 Bleday was the only one MLB ready. Having him in LF or RF alongside Monte Harrison or maybe even Brinson if he gets it together would be nice.

I find it just as important for the Marlins to continue to be smart about developing the players and watching the service clock. Doesn't make sense to see Isan or Monte until August 1st. When people were clamoring for Zach Gallen to come up in late April early May it made no sense. He wouldn't make much of  difference here anyway right now.