Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

If the Marlins finish at or close to .500, does it hurt or help the rebuild?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Which veterans do you have in mind?  Castro, Granderson, Prado, Romo?   I could see pinching a prospect in exchange for Romo.  Not sure any of the others would fetch anything significant. 

I'd add in Conley if he gets hot.

Guerrero too honestly.  

Honestly I dont think they should hold out any bullpen arm thats desired if it can net you a fairly decent prospect, since bullpens are easy as fuck to figure out long term.  

Sell high on any and all of them.

Walker for sure.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely should trade any veteran who has value at the deadline. No reason not to as most of them are on expiring contracts anyway and aren't really are part of the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I'd add in Conley if he gets hot.

Guerrero too honestly.  

Honestly I dont think they should hold out any bullpen arm thats desired if it can net you a fairly decent prospect, since bullpens are easy as fuck to figure out long term.  

Sell high on any and all of them.

Walker for sure.

Oh yes.  Totally on board with selling any bullpen pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Honestly I dont think they should hold out any bullpen arm thats desired if it can net you a fairly decent prospect, since bullpens are easy as fuck to figure out long term.  

100% agree with this.

That's two days in a week we agree, I am worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

100% agree with this.

That's two days in a week we agree, I am worried.

its ok.

You are just agreeing with solid, sound baseball talk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only negative comes from how much you value the higher draft picks. Getting another one or two top picks would be nice but other than that I see no negatives in this team improving faster than expected.

With that said they would also have to balance out contention with still "staying the course." Can't Loria this thing and suddenly trade Sixto and Mesa for a reliever rental at the deadline. This is a big one and would really show the difference between ownerships. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Can't Loria this thing and suddenly trade Sixto and Mesa for a reliever rental at the deadline. This is a big one and would really show the difference between ownerships. 

I hope they aren't dumb enough to try and become buyers this year, regardless of how the team is playing come July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to go with ‘helps’ assuming that it’s a result of getting production from our “future core”. If the reason we are .500 is because of guys like Harold Ramirez, Andy, Alfaro, Diaz*, Harrison*, and the SP staff, this is a HUGE positive to the rebuild as we will be checking off boxes along the way. 

 

Regarding the draft picks, if this was the NFL that would be a concern. There are too many ways to acquire talent in baseball (International, trade deadline, Rule 5) for that to outweigh positives from guys already in the system 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I'd add in Conley if he gets hot.

Guerrero too honestly.  

Honestly I dont think they should hold out any bullpen arm thats desired if it can net you a fairly decent prospect, since bullpens are easy as fuck to figure out long term.  

Sell high on any and all of them.

Walker for sure.

Agree here 100%. Id also add Urena, Nick Anderson (and Caleb Smith depending on market value) to that list 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I think the only negative comes from how much you value the higher draft picks. Getting another one or two top picks would be nice but other than that I see no negatives in this team improving faster than expected.

With that said they would also have to balance out contention with still "staying the course." Can't Loria this thing and suddenly trade Sixto and Mesa for a reliever rental at the deadline. This is a big one and would really show the difference between ownerships. 

Depends.

If they buy rentals or old players they are dumber than boxes of rocks and it truly is Loria 2.0.

 

If they want to buy controlled pieces, different story.

Just dont pull a Pirates (even cheaper ownership) and acquire a Chris Archer and then play the card of see we are acquiring talent (after trading away Cole for pennies in the winter prior)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...