Jump to content

Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, mikeb18768 said:

I’m flying down to Miami 4/1-4/4 to watch my first games at Marlins park. What are the must do things at the ballpark? Thank you 

Tough to say given the ballpark experience will be different with COVID protocols. I'll say a few of my favorite things were: Catch an inning or two from the outfield standing area or the AutoNation Alley standing area. Anyone can grab a spot along the top level, and you feel like your standing right beside the outfielders. It's a great view of the ballpark -- especially during home runs!

I also love checking out the rotating food options at The Change Up behind Section 26 (right field). I shop around at the different places a lot, but I almost always get the Change Up because the options there are so unique.

If you have kids: They've also improved the play area behind CF, though I can imagine that will be off limits until COVID is under control. Also a COVID unknown: Running the bases on Sunday. It's usually a bit of a long line, but very much worth it in my book. Plus, if your kids are small and squeamish enough, you get to run the bases with them! (However, it's considered bad form to slide into home when you're an adult.)

The live music section they had in 2019 was also awesome. I used to sneak into the back row there when I was eating and enjoy the atmosphere. Those folks got me amped to root for a 105-loss team. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mikeb18768 said:

Lol why you say that. Since I just purchased them yesterday and downloaded them on the ballpark app

Good. Some fans including one here had their opening day tickets vanish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mikeb18768 said:

How does that happen? Because the ballpark app is the only way to get them I thought 

Folks that bought the opening day bundle had tickets disappear because of limited capacity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I'm surprised nobody has said "watch a baseball game" yet.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the pace of play? I refuse to watch the game until they implement the runners start on every base rule; 1 pitch per plate appearance rule; pitchers must be blindfolded rule; and the gun circle rule.

Until then, it's just wandering the concourses and looking for activities and chow for me and mine.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Are you kidding me? Have you seen the pace of play? I refuse to watch the game until they implement the runners start on every base rule; 1 pitch per plate appearance rule; pitchers must be blindfolded rule; and the gun circle rule.

Until then, it's just wandering the concourses and looking for activities and chow for me and mine.

Sure, but he has to at least see the current pace of play issues to appreciate the future game of baseball, where bases are 45 feet apart, there's now 8 bases in an octagonal format so more fielders can be employed but they can't be shifted anywhere, and the pitching mound is behind the center field fence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

We are trying to not scare the new guy off with our goofy behavior.

Which new guy?

If you’re talking about the OP, it looks like he joined this site in 2012. 😂

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

We are trying to not scare the new guy off with our goofy behavior.

Oh you won’t scare me off I live in NY the land of assholes but I’m liking all the input lol 

Edited by mikeb18768
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Watching You Samuel L Jackson GIF

I’ve been around and I’ve post 82 times granted that’s not a good percentage. So I figured me flying down to Miami would get me points with you guys. There has been times I wanted to post, but than I see no warning points so I said I’ll just stay quiet. But like I said being from Upstate NY and listening to Mets fans just run their moths year after year I told my friends to put up or shut up so $100 bet plus loser has to wear a jersey of the team with the best record. But I’ll be in sec 22 on Friday and 138 on Saturday I wanted different perspective of seats. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mikeb18768 said:

I’ve been around and I’ve post 82 times granted that’s not a good percentage. So I figured me flying down to Miami would get me points with you guys. There has been times I wanted to post, but than I see no warning points so I said I’ll just stay quiet. But like I said being from Upstate NY and listening to Mets fans just run their moths year after year I told my friends to put up or shut up so $100 bet plus loser has to wear a jersey of the team with the best record. But I’ll be in sec 22 on Friday and 138 on Saturday I wanted different perspective of seats. 

I like you already.

Drop a pun and @CyggyMarlin will put you in the Hall of Fame.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...