Sign in to follow this  
Cuban players fan

Get Yuli Gurriel for Miami

Hey I’m part of a Cuban generation which above 200k of them live in Miami. Yuli might be the best baseball of our time, but for sure he is the most popular for good or bad . Every time I ask my friends to go to Marlin Stadium they don’t feel like going, but I’m sure if Yuli would be there, we all would go. It is just my opinion I know he is kind of age, even though he still has some ok years coming and from the business point of view he would be  huge

If it were that easy, sure. Marlins are not in a position right now to be giving up prospects to get MLB players, however. It's not as simple as "go get him." This team will be good in a couple years should things go mostly to plan and people will go. 🙂

Welcome to the site, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard!

This city has shown they go to sporting events when the team is playing well. Doesn't matter if they're cuban or Turkish, if there's a good team on the field people will come. No one came to see Hechavarria, and no one has declared their allegience to the marlins for signing the Mesa brothers. I'm cuban, but I don't want this team trying to use the "hispanic" card to draw people in. Let's build a classic baseball culture in the city and let it cultivate over generations like the other teams have. 

• Like 3

Let me see if I understand... getting Yuli Gurriel is gonna suddenly bring in all the 200k Cuban fans who haven't gone to the games regularly before?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Let me see if I understand... getting Yuli Gurriel is gonna suddenly bring in all the 200k Cuban fans who haven't gone to the games regularly before?

No silly, the ballpark only seats 37K so many of them will be turned away at the gates every night

20 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Welcome aboard!

This city has shown they go to sporting events when the team is playing well. Doesn't matter if they're cuban or Turkish, if there's a good team on the field people will come. No one came to see Hechavarria, and no one has declared their allegience to the marlins for signing the Mesa brothers. I'm cuban, but I don't want this team trying to use the "hispanic" card to draw people in. Let's build a classic baseball culture in the city and let it cultivate over generations like the other teams have. 

Lol.  Too late!  Just about every move they've made is using the hispanic card.

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Dude it's ridiculous! lol 

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Not saying Cubans go to the games but Cubans also don’t give a shit about “the Hispanic card”. That was one of the errors of the loria era. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Not saying Cubans go to the games but Cubans also don’t give a shit about “the Hispanic card”. That was one of the errors of the loria era. 

Huh?

Are you saying he catered too much to the Hispanic card or not enough?

Because I feel Jeter & Co have taken the hispanic card and multiplied it 200 times.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:51 PM, SilverBullet said:

yes