Sign in to follow this  
Cuban players fan

Get Yuli Gurriel for Miami

There's a difference between overusing "The Hispanic Card" and just interjecting some Hispanic flair into the brand. Gotta know where the line is. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

There's a difference between overusing "The Hispanic Card" and just interjecting some Hispanic flair into the brand. Gotta know where the line is. 

Eh, I think they're at least at that line.

17 hours ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Not saying Cubans go to the games but Cubans also don’t give a shit about “the Hispanic card”. That was one of the errors of the loria era. 

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Huh?

Are you saying he catered too much to the Hispanic card or not enough?

Because I feel Jeter & Co have taken the hispanic card and multiplied it 200 times.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm with rmc on this one - this group has much more gone for "The Hispanic Card" than the previous regime, but I also agree with SB - I don't think they're overdoing it. Loria's group ignored that market almost entirely, I feel.

I wasn't saying whether I think this group is overdoing it or not. I was literally just making a point that some things are "Playing The Hispanic Card" such as naming everything in Spanish (Our Colores, Juntos Miami, Party En El Parque... that shit is annoying) but other things are a fair interjecting of Hispanic culture and flair (Having Latin music playing, having a variety of Latin food options, and having a band playing live Latin music... those are good things and enhance the ballpark atmosphere in a positive way).