Marlins Win Total  

5 members have voted

1. 1. The Marlins Will Win

• More than 90
    • 85-90
    • 80-84
    • 72-79
    • Less than 72

With the season starting tomorrow I will give my final standings predictions here for the record. Feel free to add yours here as well.

NL East:

Braves (96-66)*
Mets (87-75)
Marlins (84-78)
Phillies (82-80)
Nationals (79-83)

NL Central:

Cardinals (93-69)*
Reds (88-74)*
Cubs (80-82)
Brewers (75-87)
Pirates (54-108)

NL West:

Dodgers (103-59)*
Padres (96-66)*
Giants (82-80)
Diamondbacks (76-86)
Rockies (59-103)

AL East:

Yankees (95-67)*
Blue Jays (88-74)*
Rays (84-78)
Red Sox (76-86)
Orioles (68-94)

AL Central:

White Sox (90-72)*
Twins (85-77)
Indians (81-81)
Tigers (70-92)
Royals (64-98)

AL West:

Athletics (88-74)*
Astros (87-75)*
Mariners (79-83)
Angels (75-97)
Rangers (66-96)

*Playoff Teams

Edited by FishFan95

Playoffs:

Wild Card:

Padres over Reds in NLWC
Blue Jays over Astros in ALWC

Division Series:

Braves over Cardinals in NLDS
Dodgers over Padres in NLDS
White Sox over Athletics in ALDS
Yankees over Blue Jays in ALDS

Championship Series:

Braves over Dodgers in NLCS
White Sox over Yankees in ALDS

World Series:

Braves over White Sox in 6

4 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I know it's ridiculous, but after that heckuva great spring, I'm at 90 wins. This is a GOOD team. With the best pitching depth in the NL East, possibly the league.

I request the poll be changed to reflect my delusional optimism.

I like the team, but there are too many ifs. In my opinion this is the team that has the most variance in baseball. I can see it all come together and get to 90 plus, but I can also see some regression leading to less than 75. Really hard to say, but I like your enthusiasm and I would be thrilled to get to 90 plus.

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The Marlins will win a lot of games over other team's 3-5 starters and that could be a big difference maker. 

There's a lot of great pitching around baseball but it's hard to find a better full rotation than ours. 

I have always thought that teams should skip the 5th starter spot more when they get off days and mix and match spots a little to optimize matchups. But if Sixto is going to be our 5th, then I say to hell with that. We are going to have a decent pitcher every day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I know it's ridiculous, but after that heckuva great spring, I'm at 90 wins. This is a GOOD team. With the best pitching depth in the NL East, possibly the league.

I request the poll be changed to reflect my delusional optimism.

Man, I appreciate the enthusiasm, and I actually predicted the Marlins to win 89 games this year in the “Called It” thread.

But, I didn’t take the Spring record/performance into consideration, seeing as the Marlins only played 4 different teams (correct me if I’m wrong) during the spring. Not including the Braves or Phillies.

Of course, talent is still talent and with Sandy, Sixto and Rogers pitching the way they did it wouldn’t matter which team they were facing, the Marlins would still have a good chance to win the game.

Hopefully the Marlins can keep up the momentum and start off this season strong with a series win vs the Rays!

2 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Man, I appreciate the enthusiasm, and I actually predicted the Marlins to win 89 games this year in the “Called It” thread.

But, I didn’t take the Spring record/performance into consideration, seeing as the Marlins only played 4 different teams (correct me if I’m wrong) during the spring. Not including the Braves or Phillies.

Of course, talent is still talent and with Sandy, Sixto and Rogers pitching the way they did it wouldn’t matter which team they were facing, the Marlins would still have a good chance to win the game.

Hopefully the Marlins can keep up the momentum and start off this season strong with a series win vs the Rays!

Win the first 162 in a row and I think we'll have a good shot.

• Like 1

I went 81-81 in the prediction thread, and I see that as a successful season.

Despite not being an improvement over last year, I'd view this as a success, as it's over a full season vs. an abbreviated one.  I just think over the course of a full season, there will be growing pains that come with a young roster with a few pitchers on inning limits that could be "hidden" in last year's short season.