Sign in to follow this  
MrAndMrsFish

Jordan Yamamoto getting called up

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I am a fan of Yamamoto and it was his scheduled day to start, but I'd really like to see what Gallen can do in the bigs, I don't see the benefit of keeping him in AAA.

I agree a million percent...I think the team sees right now Hernandez and Yamamoto (since they are both on the 40 man) as guys they can bring up and down from the minors when needed, while they are grooming Gallen to be a rotation piece, so I see him coming up when they have a spot that they can give him long term. IE a season long injury or trade.

This should deflect some attention from the fact that after an outstanding road trip, the Marlins have come home to Miami and thrown up all over their cleats. 

16 minutes ago, MrAndMrsFish said:

they are grooming Gallen to be a rotation piece, so I see him coming up when they have a spot that they can give him long term

This is exactly it. Elieser and Yamamoto are getting spot starts meant to be short term only. They don't wanna use Gallen for that. 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This is exactly it. Elieser and Yamamoto are getting spot starts meant to be short term only. They don't wanna use Gallen for that. 

It was also yamamoto's day today and this kinda just happened it seems.  

3 hours ago, DTrain said:

This should deflect some attention from the fact that after an outstanding road trip, the Marlins have come home to Miami and thrown up all over their cleats. 

Fish team bad.