Elieser has inflammation in right biceps tendon

Just go sign Cole Hamels. Gets a vet in the rotation and gives the team another shot of confidence that we are serious about winning.. Plus a good look after getting a stadium deal. Not saying he's in his prime but based on his 2018 stats, still dependable (which is what we need)

15 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Just go sign Cole Hamels. Gets a vet in the rotation and gives the team another shot of confidence that we are serious about winning.. Plus a good look after getting a stadium deal. Not saying he's in his prime but based on his 2018 stats, still dependable (which is what we need)

I do think we should've signed a vet pitcher to give us innings with so many younger guys on pitch limits.

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Maybe Gio comeback from the retirement. 

This is exactly why Gio shouldn't have retired. He must have really sucked if he didn't think he would get the call up in this situation. 

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

This is exactly why Gio shouldn't have retired. He must have really sucked if he didn't think he would get the call up in this situation. 

He couldn’t get an out in Spring Training pretty much.

51 minutes ago, Erick said:

He couldn’t get an out in Spring Training pretty much.

Yea that's my point... him retiring proves how bad he was because he had to have known an opportunity like this was coming yet he didn't even think he was good enough for that. Tbh I kinda respect him even more for that. 

This news sucks but we should have enough depth to withstand it for now.   We still have Neidert, Garrett and Castano.  We can even give Campbell a shot if need be.  That should buy enough time for Sixto, Cabrera and Hernandez to get better.  Hopefully none of them will need surgery.   

I will say this; given Hernandez injury history, I would put him in the bullpen and try him as a closer.  I think he has a better shot of staying healthy being used one inning at a time.  Also, we need a closer.  

With the depth we have plus Meyer hopefully come along soon as well, I think this makes sense. Just wish the minor league season hadn't been delayed.

1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

I will say this; given Hernandez injury history, I would put him in the bullpen and try him as a closer.  I think he has a better shot of staying healthy being used one inning at a time.  Also, we need a closer. 

I like someone with an injury history as a starter.  A rotation spot is much more systematic & predictable.  You can always keep him on a pitch count if necessary.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rydawg said:

This news sucks but we should have enough depth to withstand it for now.   We still have Neidert, Garrett and Castano.  We can even give Campbell a shot if need be.  That should buy enough time for Sixto, Cabrera and Hernandez to get better.  Hopefully none of them will need surgery.   

With the depth we have plus Meyer hopefully come along soon as well, I think this makes sense. Just wish the minor league season hadn't been delayed.

Just don’t forget to do a game thread for tomorrow.  I’m 1-0 from last year and will ante up again when we need a hero. But right now you have the reigns.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, CoastieMike said:

Hernandez placed on IL.

Also just because talking IL, Cooper was just placed on IL because of covid shot reaction 🙄

Coop could return as soon as he is ready to return, per Mish. So could be back as early as tomorrow.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Mattingly will do anything to get Dickerson in the lineup. 

We're also facing a righty, so, that's fine.

Should not be leading off, though.

• Like 1