Sign in to follow this  
Lakeshow00

Starlin Castro

I’d love to know what kind of dirt this guy has on Don.  There is no sane reason to bat the weakest power hitter outside of Rojas cleanup.  Hell, his slugging % is almost below 300 now.  I know the picking are slim but this makes no sense.

Honestly not much to choose from. Keep Castro out there in hopes that he gets hot again and builds ANY kind of value for the trade deadline. The logical choice would have been Walker but he is still injured. I'd rather they stop putting Riddle or Granderson out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Don Mattingly is good at very few things, and one is absolutely NOT lineup construction. 

You mean Austin Dean and Derek Dietrich aren't prototypical leadoff hitters?!

Been saying it and will continue to say it, Castro's had some very bad luck this year. He's hitting the ball harder this year than he has the previous four seasons, just right at people.

Again I'm fully fine with moving him out of the cleanup spot until his luck turns around, or maybe a minor tweak in his swing, but it's just been unfortunate circumstances.

Maybe a change in approach would help him.

I think at this point granderson should be DFA and they might as well bring brinson back up. If you're going to have an OFer hitting below .200 at least brinson plays better defense. Castro should be moved down in the lineup too. Let ramirez or alfaro hit 4th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

I think at this point granderson should be DFA and they might as well bring brinson back up. If you're going to have an OFer hitting below .200 at least brinson plays better defense. Castro should be moved down in the lineup too. Let ramirez or alfaro hit 4th. 

I agree with all of this.

On 6/12/2019 at 12:51 AM, SongInTheAir said:

Don Mattingly is good at very few things, and one is absolutely NOT lineup construction. 

100%. 

Ramirez 

Rojas

Anderson

Cooper 

Alfaro 

Castro 

Granderson 

Dean/Herrera 

Man, we need some lefty bats in the system to succeed 

21 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Anderson

Cooper

360?

21 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

we need some lefty bats in the system to succeed

As for this - as long as we're able to sign most (or all, that'd be even better) draft picks this year, we should have some pretty decent lefty bats working their way up soon.

48 minutes ago, Michael said:

360?

As for this - as long as we're able to sign most (or all, that'd be even better) draft picks this year, we should have some pretty decent lefty bats working their way up soon.

Yeah that’s the one hope. I know it’s a long shot, but signing one of Rizzo/DiDI/Gennett(1B?) would really help the balance of our future lineup. Right now we are incredibly right handed, even if Bleday pans out. I know it’s not the biggest concern at the moment, but it’s a huge positive that our FO identified that, and tried to address this in the draft. Hopefully that continues