Castellanos suspended 2 games

Admin

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

For FLEXING and shouting "let's go" after scoring a run? No discipline on Molina for escalating? Pfft.

Yeah this seems like some BS to me. I put "instigating" in quotes because I disagree. He showed emotion and Molina actually instigated a brawl if anyone did.

FWIW, Molina was fined along with a couple of other players.

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I didn't see any of this! Do y'all have a link?

I saw it on mlb.com

But he walked away right after he did what he did, he was emotional but immediately walked away from it, he clearly wasn't trying to instigate anything. If he had stayed on the field then yea but he obviously did not. I'm actually imagining this comes from the image that was created which looks very aggressive in a still frame:

image.png.a3ee22b40a028f384201f777ae0a82db.png

If you just look at that image Castellanos looks aggressive, intimidating, and borderline frightening. But in reality he did this and walked away and then Woodruff got up and went after him. Point is, there's way more to this than that one image.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

For "instigating" the brawl with Cardinals.

Of note, this was Michael Hill's first official action in his new role as he is in charge of discipline for MLB nowadays.

he was going after Bauer in ST a few times because Bauer was promoting his brand on his uniform.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Good. I hate Bauer. Idiot thinks he's above the game and his teammates. 

I don't think he does, really. He's also been labeled a very good teammate by people who have played with him (notably Cleveland's pitching staff). Could he tone it down in some cases? Sure. But he's not some villain that people make him out to be.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Too lenient if you ask me

I just remember he had already been handed a seven or eight game suspension that he was playing through via appeal process BEFORE the whole incident with Hayes and the following day dust-up. MLB should have just said, "you know what, no, you're done this year."

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Good. I hate Bauer. Idiot thinks he's above the game and his teammates. 

I mean he's not wrong with his beliefs though, although agreed his approach does come off as smug. Players should be able to brand themselves and benefit in other ways other than baseball. His videos on YT are great and one of a kind, I'd wish more players would be like that. Gives the fans an insight to the day to day life.