Sign in to follow this  
jsprt14

Marlins Park atmosphere is worse than ever

So I attended the Marlins-Cardinals game this past Monday night. Ive been to dozens of Marlins games over the years (at the old stadium and new) and have to say this was the least immersed in the game as I have ever been. I'm used to the small crowds, but on Monday night you could literally hear a pin drop in the stadium. Of the people that were there, a VAST majority were rooting for the Cardinals, to the point that I would've felt awkward by just standing up and cheering "Lets Go Marlins".

This isn't a shot at the attendance numbers, those have always been atrocious. I'm more taken aback by the absolute lack of baseball environment or "buzz" during the game. It almost felt like there was some other purpose to be sitting there and the game just dragging along in the background.

I don't know what the answers are for Jeter & Co. to turn this around, but rooting for the home team at Marlins Park is more embarrassing than ever before.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

You didn't enjoy the ballpark experience, NOW Jeter will be concerned.

Finally! 

I've been to a lot of Marlins game....that was by far the worst ballpark atmosphere I've seen.

This isn't a post meant to just "crap on the Marlins"...I was genuinely let down after attending the game lol

3 minutes ago, mrchainsaw said:

Do you remember who won or lost? Or who even was playing?

Crap, I just reread the post and saw where he said it was a Marlins-Cardinals game. He does remember who was playing, thus he had a lousy ballpark experience #FuckJeter

Ballpark atmosphere in terms of the on field product (as in nothing to do with concessions and music and other between innings entertainment) is very dependent on if the team is good (or at least playing well such as a few weeks ago) and on how much offense there is.

There isn't much that can be done when the team stinks and isn't scoring runs.

And I say about scoring runs because we could be a one hundred loss team and the home fans will still be invested in an individual game if they see home runs and multiple baserunners as those things create more exciting on field situations even if the team ultimately loses. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

And I say about scoring runs because we could be a one hundred loss team and the home fans will still be invested in an individual game if they see home runs and multiple baserunners as those things create more exciting on field situations even if the team ultimately loses. 

<insert Stanton chasing 60 home runs argument>

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jsprt14 said:

I've been to a lot of Marlins game....that was by far the worst ballpark atmosphere I've seen.

This isn't a post meant to just "crap on the Marlins"...I was genuinely let down after attending the game lol

It was also a Monday game vs a team with a strong fanbase. 

Just now, Michael said:

<insert Stanton chasing 60 home runs argument>

Go for it... this isn't about attendance as those Stanton games didn't increase attendance but if you were at those games there was more on field excitement even if there was just 10,000 people there. 

The type of game offensively makes all the difference in atmosphere. I've seen it a thousand times both ways.