Sign in to follow this  
jsprt14

Marlins Park atmosphere is worse than ever

18 minutes ago, Michael said:

<insert Stanton chasing 60 home runs argument>

Different issue as has already been pointed out.

I have to agree, I've always been the kind of guy that stays the full 9 innings, but I've left every single game early that I've been to the past two seasons. Complete Drag. 

56 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It was also a Monday game vs a team with a strong fanbase. 

I think what SilverBullet is trying to say is, if you go to Marlins Park Mon-Wed and they’re playing Cubs/Cardinals/Yankees/Mets/Dodgers/Braves/Phillies/Red Sox, don’t expect to feel like you’re at a Miami Marlins home game. 

• Like 1

I went last Friday and we were down big early.  The atmosphere also sucked, mostly because the Marlins are sucking.  But to improve the experience, I suggest the standing room only section and turn your back on the game so you could look out the panoramic view of downtown Miami.  I understand the front office felt this was another big draw.  If you had a bad time, you probably did not engage socially with other fans.

Remember this from our now departed Chipper:

“One of our priorities for this offseason was enhancing the group and social spaces at the ballpark,” Bowers said. “We have been able to accomplish that goal with the addition of the aforementioned concepts as well as the expansion of the viewing platform at the Budweiser Bow Tie Bar. In addition, we wanted to utilize these spaces to create a sense of community and encourage social engagement among fans.”

I agree a lot on this. The park is so dull and boring with the dark blue and no home run sculpture and the stupid ass spanglish shit. Not a fan

39 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I agree a lot on this. The park is so dull and boring with the dark blue and no home run sculpture and the stupid ass spanglish shit. Not a fan

But not the fact that the team often times is as exciting to watch as a snail race?

It's real simple... if the Marlins are in the game offensively the atmosphere will be fun. If they're not, it will be dull. 

Has nothing to do with the color of the walls or the language of the marketing/branding. 

Yeah that place was rocking with excitement before the walls were painted a different color.

I wish it was just a traditional ballpark experience. Keep the walkup songs and mid inning organ, drop the dancers, spanglish, mid inning games/segements, and latin music.

If the team sucks then so be it. Obviously that needs to be fixed, but all the nonsense on the side is a slap in the face. Just let me watch my shitty team in peace.

• Love 1