Sign in to follow this  
jsprt14

Marlins Park atmosphere is worse than ever

4 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Just let me watch my shitty team in peace.

This is baseball. It's a war out there.

10 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

If the team sucks then so be it. Obviously that needs to be fixed, but all the nonsense on the side is a slap in the face. Just let me watch my shitty team in peace.

No way, man. You need to ascend, brother. Cleanse yourself of this fantasy world of "just enjoying the game."

I just want you to be better, friend.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

I wish it was just a traditional ballpark experience. Keep the walkup songs and mid inning organ, drop the dancers, spanglish, mid inning games/segements, and latin music.

If the team sucks then so be it. Obviously that needs to be fixed, but all the nonsense on the side is a slap in the face. Just let me watch my shitty team in peace.

You'll have plenty of people who consider the traditional ballpark experience boring though. Especially in a city like this where there are so many cultures represented, so many other fanbases represented, and honestly so many other entertainment options as well. Gotta do things to try and make the place fun beyond the on field product. If they don't and just keep it "traditional" you'll have a lot of people complaining that they don't try and do more either... especially when the team sucks.

With that said, not all of it is nonsense... what team doesn't do mid inning entertainment segments these days? Would you rather watch the defense do their warm up throws in complete silence? And what's wrong with Latin music? It's popular music in this city. It's not all bad music and enough people like it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You'll have plenty of people who consider the traditional ballpark experience boring though. Especially in a city like this where there are so many cultures represented, so many other fanbases represented, and honestly so many other entertainment options as well. Gotta do things to try and make the place fun beyond the on field product. If they don't and just keep it "traditional" you'll have a lot of people complaining that they don't try and do more either... especially when the team sucks.

I don't care about casuals tho. I spit on them. *ptui* *ptui* The Marlins are for you and me and our ilk. Reclaim your birthright.

34 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

With that said, not all of it is nonsense... what team doesn't do mid inning entertainment segments these days? Would you rather watch the defense do their warm up throws in complete silence? And what's wrong with Latin music? It's popular music in this city. It's not all bad music and enough people like it.

Complete silence sounds good actually. Watch a game at Wrigley or Fenway if you get the chance. If you must, at most there should be an organ rendition of a 60's pop classic. Latin music is too repetitive for me. bum tabum ta, bum tabum ta...

1 hour ago, Michael said:

No way, man. You need to ascend, brother. Cleanse yourself of this fantasy world of "just enjoying the game."

I just want you to be better, friend.

I like where your head is at but the current ballpark experience is the physical manifestation of the Marvel aesthetic. My version is Tarkovskyian.

Hey I appreciate all the responses. I see that a lot of you have had similar experiences at the ballpark. I'm just as tired of the attendance narrative that infects everything Marlins. This was never meant to come as another complaint in a long line of them. I was genuinely dejected leaving the stadium. I agree with all the factors (Monday game vs cardinals with no runs), but the place was LIFELESS.

I agree in general with Jeter's plan to rebuild the farm system....I'm just not sure how much longer baseball in Miami can go on like this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jsprt14 said:

Hey I appreciate all the responses. I see that a lot of you have had similar experiences as the ballpark. I'm just as tired of the attendance narrative that infects everything Marlins. This was never meant to come as another complaint in a long line of them. I was genuinely dejected leaving the stadium. I agree with all the factors (Monday game vs cardinals with no runs), but the place was LIFELESS.

It was those damn blue walls.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

I don't care about casuals tho. I spit on them. *ptui* *ptui* The Marlins are for you and me and our ilk. Reclaim your birthright.

I'd sit with you and watch the inning breaks in silence but baseball is still a business and no team (especially this team) can afford to not care about the casual fans though so get used to between inning entertainment and popular music (Latin or not).

8 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

Complete silence sounds good actually. Watch a game at Wrigley or Fenway if you get the chance.

I've never been to Wrigley or Fenway but I have a hard time believing that those two ballparks have no forms of between inning entertainment and/or nothing that caters to casual fans such as games and popular music. If I'm wrong let me know but I'd be shocked. It's 2019.

7 minutes ago, jsprt14 said:

Hey I appreciate all the responses. I see that a lot of you have had similar experiences as the ballpark. I'm just as tired of the attendance narrative that infects everything Marlins. This was never meant to come as another complaint in a long line of them. I was genuinely dejected leaving the stadium. I agree with all the factors (Monday game vs cardinals with no runs), but the place was LIFELESS.

I know exactly what you meant and that it had nothing to do with attendance. I've been to enough games to know which ones have had a great atmosphere and which ones have been a drag.

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I know exactly what you meant and that it had nothing to do with attendance. I've been to enough games to know which ones have had a great atmosphere and which ones have been a drag.

Well that is encouraging to know that at least SOME of the games this year have a had a good or great atmosphere. I'm sure a winning team that is offensively competent will change things around, but how many years off are we from that being the case? How much longer can this status quo for Marlins last before relocation becomes a real possibility?