Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jsprt14

Marlins Park atmosphere is worse than ever

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, jsprt14 said:

Well that is encouraging to know that at least SOME of the games this year have a had a good or great atmosphere. I'm sure a winning team that is offensively competent will change things around, but how many years off are we from that being the case? How much longer can this status quo for Marlins last before relocation becomes a real possibility?

Relocation isn't a possibility because of the ballpark agreement. Also, MLB likes having a team here. Miami is a huge city. Don't listen to relocation talk, it's all BS. If the team hasn't left by now they won't leave anytime in our lifetimes. A "few more" bad seasons of lame teams and poor attendance is nothing compared to how may seasons that that has already been the norm here.

How many years are we from a consistently winning team? That's basically the one question we all (except Das Texan) are here to find out the answer to. Time will tell. That's our Endgame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

they won't leave anytime in our lifetimes

Now you're sounding like me, thinking your lifetime will be brief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Now you're sounding like me, thinking your lifetime will be brief. 

I wear boxers, not briefs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I've never been to Wrigley or Fenway but I have a hard time believing that those two ballparks have no forms of between inning entertainment and/or nothing that caters to casual fans such as games and popular music. If I'm wrong let me know but I'd be shocked. It's 2019.

National Anthem, 7th Inning Stretch, Sweet Caroline in Boston, and the occasional organ tune. I was pleasantly shocked by how little stadium noise there was outside of the natural sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say that the experience is much better when the roof is open. And the renovations have helped a lot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

National Anthem, 7th Inning Stretch, Sweet Caroline in Boston, and the occasional organ tune. I was pleasantly shocked by how little stadium noise there was outside of the natural sounds.

Wow, interesting.

With that said... that's the Cubs and Red Sox... do you actually think the Marlins, in this city, can actually get away with that? Just doesn't feel like something that would work in every city or for every team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winning is what brings people to the stadium and not a 7 game win streak in the middle of a 100 loss season. We saw this in 2003, 2004, 2005 where attendance was steadily increasing year to year. They still ranked near the bottom of the league but each year saw steady increases. The fans were coming back and would have continued to do so if they hadn't blown it up in 2006. 

The year of stanton's homer chase, the crowds were electric. Every time stanton came up to bat everyone was going nuts. It didn't increase attendance by much (although still more than this year) since the team wasn't a winner, but the game to game crowds were a lot of fun. 

 

As for the roof. Atmosphere is better with the roof closed. Its hot humid and unbearable even at the night with the roof open. I avoid those games whenever it's announced. Much more pleasant and a better experience when its closed and the AC is nice and comfy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Winning is what brings people to the stadium and not a 7 game win streak in the middle of a 100 loss season. We saw this in 2003, 2004, 2005 where attendance was steadily increasing year to year. They still ranked near the bottom of the league but each year saw steady increases. The fans were coming back and would have continued to do so if they hadn't blown it up in 2006. 

The year of stanton's homer chase, the crowds were electric. Every time stanton came up to bat everyone was going nuts. It didn't increase attendance by much (although still more than this year) since the team wasn't a winner, but the game to game crowds were a lot of fun. 

 

As for the roof. Atmosphere is better with the roof closed. Its hot humid and unbearable even at the night with the roof open. I avoid those games whenever it's announced. Much more pleasant and a better experience when its closed and the AC is nice and comfy. 

Not to mention it's even louder when it's closed, so even a small crowd can make a lot of noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

National Anthem, 7th Inning Stretch, Sweet Caroline in Boston, and the occasional organ tune. I was pleasantly shocked by how little stadium noise there was outside of the natural sounds.

Something Marlins Park suffers a great deal from.  And I’m not talking good noise (home fans cheering).  I’m talking incessant noise created by a DJ (a fucking DJ at a ballpark?!?!?!?!) and noises created by a production team.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...