Sign in to follow this  
jsprt14

Marlins Park atmosphere is worse than ever

12 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

I will say that the experience is much better when the roof is open. And the renovations have helped a lot.

I agree with this 100% BUT, we have that whole 90% humidity problem.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

they won't leave anytime in our lifetimes.

I thought they were headed to St. Louis next week. Unless you think our lifetimes will be VERY short, I am gonna have to disagree with you.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:21 PM, EricOwens! said:

I will say that the experience is much better when the roof is open. And the renovations have helped a lot.

Went last night, boy, no matter what I did at the game, the experience was terrible.  Could not see much out of the back windows, the latin band in the outfield stands banging on the drums gave me a headache and it did not feel like the international world cup no matter how loud they played and the team got shut out again and gave up 11 runs to a team that was coming in with a 7 game losing streak.  I don't know why they did not open the roof to improve the experience-at least the game could have been rained out.

It’s very simple.  Every great crowd in sports has a hearty bandwagon.  You’re not going to find 40,000 fans that will live and die with a team under every circumstance.  We don’t have a bandwagon.  To get one we must be good for a prolonged period of time.  We’ve never done that.  Once that happens then maybe our bandwagon will assemble and create the much needed atmosphere.  But until then no amount of parties en el parque or uniform changes or instruments or whatever else marketing come up with is going to create an atmosphere. People do.  We need a bandwagon.  Every great crowd has a significant bandwagon.  

• Love 1

Gotta end the (what feels like) 30 year playoff drought. 

Nothing will change until that happens. 

I’ll be at the ballpark tomorrow.  Took advantage of the $9 tickets and $10 parking but I would have gone anyway. 

I live 200 feet from Palm Beach County and this will me my 5th game of the year. 

I have a buddy who complains constantly about Marlins attendance.  I don’t think he’s been to a ******* game all year.  

Went last night. The ac was set low again.  Uncomfortable. Also, sat in the first row in my section with a bunch of empty seats next to me. In the third inning two families came down and took the seats (no, they did not have those seats). Why did I pay extra? On the positive side, the game was good. The stadium is well kept. The fireworks were phenomenal. Much better than I expected. All in all, a good time but they should monitor seating, also its expensive , beer $14, parking $25.

5 minutes ago, Marlino said:

also its expensive , beer $14, parking $25.

This is where I think Jeter and company is failing big time. They are giving people more reasons to not come or come back. I understand those prices are pretty normal in MLB these days, but the Marlins should not be charging normal prices. He needs to make concessions and parking cheap. People may be more inclined to buy a ticket if they know they won't need to take out a mortgage for the add-ons. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DTrain said:

I have a buddy who complains constantly about Marlins attendance.  I don’t think he’s been to a ******* game all year.  

I despise people like this. Especially when they do it to people like us who do go to the games. It's insulting. 

• Like 1

I’ll be at the ballpark tomorrow.  Took advantage of the $9 tickets and $10 parking but I would have gone anyway. 

I live 200 feet from Palm Beach County and this will me my 5th game of the year. 

You and I don't see eye to eye on plenty of things but I see and appreciate that you are still and truly are a Marlins fan even in seasons like this one. Have fun today. 

• Like 1

Ooooh are we playing Hangman?! Can I go first? Is there a B?