Sign in to follow this  
jsprt14

Marlins Park atmosphere is worse than ever

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

They can monitor people sitting where they paid if they wanted too but I don't think they care. But yes its frustrating if you paid for good seats and people come and take the empty ones for free. With that said, I do it, within reason, because they "let you" do it. I wouldn't be mad if they stopped me or anyone. 

In the lower field level seats, you usually can't get in, as they do check, and they do check early on in the concourse, but if you go toward the corners you can get by where there's no "guard" and then scoot over to other seats.  I agree about it being frustrating though.....like you said, I do it within reason.

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I have done it a few times too but I hate doing it cause I am paranoid the whole time waiting for the ticket holder to show up and cause an awkward situation. All the empty seats, I just assume the seats they'll have will be where I went.

Agreed - looking over your shoulder for someone coming to sit there.  Actually at the game Saturday, we came down to our seats (in the left field corner) and people were sitting there.  My dad started asking them to move but I was just like let's just go over here to the right and down a few rows where nobody was and we were fine there.  It's not worth having someone move with so many empty seats.  That said, it was a good size crowd for the Marlins (I think I looked it up and it was like 11K or something).

Not every lower bowl section has an usher and too many of the ushers don't care anyways. Also I tend to have a BS excuse anyways if they ask me. Can't be all defensive and mad when they ask you. Usually just say something like my kid was tired of walking so we just sat for a minute thanks we were leaving anyways. 

45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

In the lower field level seats, you usually can't get in, as they do check, and they do check early on in the concourse, but if you go toward the corners you can get by where there's no "guard" and then scoot over to other seats.  I agree about it being frustrating though.....like you said, I do it within reason.

Agreed - looking over your shoulder for someone coming to sit there.  Actually at the game Saturday, we came down to our seats (in the left field corner) and people were sitting there.  My dad started asking them to move but I was just like let's just go over here to the right and down a few rows where nobody was and we were fine there.  It's not worth having someone move with so many empty seats.  That said, it was a good size crowd for the Marlins (I think I looked it up and it was like 11K or something).

I expect someone in my seats to be the one to move to another group of empty seats.  Just what I need, be the accommodating one and let people sit in my seats and then have the real ticket holders that I moved to tell me I am in their seats, so I look like the jerk and I am now bouncing around to different seats-no reason anyone who has tickets should have to do this.

49 minutes ago, fish53 said:

I expect someone in my seats to be the one to move to another group of empty seats.  Just what I need, be the accommodating one and let people sit in my seats and then have the real ticket holders that I moved to tell me I am in their seats, so I look like the jerk and I am now bouncing around to different seats-no reason anyone who has tickets should have to do this.

Obviously if the place was busier with fewer open seats, I'd tell them to move, but it's not, so it was easier just to sit somewhere else.  I agree with you, I'm just saying there are so many empty seats, the likelihood of you sitting in someone else's seats is slim.  And at that point, I'd say "sure I'll move, someone else sat in my seats".    I liked the spot we sat in better anyway - we'd have been surrounded by people in the actual seats, whereas we were by ourselves where we did sit.

The last couple of years I had my seats in the "promenade" level (that's what you guys are calling the "lower bowl") and it was frustrating having people move in and sit around you (or even in front of you) who probably paid $5 to get in.  So, this year I moved my seats down to the "field" level.  The seats are much better and, in general, they seem to not let anybody down there who doesn't have seats there.  Having said that, people seem to sit anywhere they want in the field level too and the ushers don't seem to care.  It seems like the only seats the ushers truly protect anywhere in the ballpark are the "special" areas - the ones where you can order food/drinks from the seats.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:35 PM, SonOfJack said:

There are a few rows that are freezing and then others that are like a sauna. 

Please let me know where the freezing ones are so I can buy a ticket there next time. Every time I go it’s a sauna.