Thank you for posting the thread. You Dashole. I have rescinded my downvote because of this fact.

Sandy done pitched well again.

We gave him deGrom Support ™️ again.

Oh well!

The front office knew they had a pass this year...for no reason (in my opinion)...and they used it. The fan base signed off on it with defensiveness and even smiles about how finishing NEAR .500 would be a victory. They will make their money and even though they raised profits...it will not translate to us, the fan, at least not until next year.

This is what that looks like. Losing heart-breakers and series. Imploding. Waiting around for a chance or some luck.

This year will be forgotten because they will be better next year. And they WILL be better even if they actively do nothing to make the team better ...they will be better just by getting rid of some players...letting others get older and more experienced.

They will get a high pick and we can all be impressed with Jazz and a wasted year of this rotation...just a shame this was allowed to happen...but what can the fan base actually do...the team is set up to be better in the future so I guess it is hard to complain.

Also...only 5 games in to the season. But...who do you have more faith will learn how to win consistently all year ...us or the Braves? BOTH?

Edited by Major-Minor
  • Like 1

This felt like a "That's So Marlins" loss - The 6th inning is our nemesis

This offense had bases loaded twice and a lead-off double but only two runs the whole game - one of them earned....

Our leadoff hitter and clean-up hitter are each hitting under .150... get them the fuck outta there until they can prove that's where they hit.... Don's line-up skills are as good as his bullpen management.... Concerning that, why Bleier in a 1 run game late?... Sometimes Don has a little league mentality where "everyone gets to play"

Fish are currently last in MLB in home runs hit (Nats don't count) but first in stolen bases, so guys are getting in scoring position but no one can get the big hit...

We need a damn catcher!

It's early in the season but it's not a good sign when I am already thinking what we can get for Marte, Aggy and Duvall at the trade deadline

Edited by CyggyMarlin

Loaded bases twice with no runs to show, yet somehow Alfaro gets the green light and doesn’t bunt Jazz over to 3rd on a leadoff double.  Makes no sense especially when it’s bottom 8 down by one.   Could have pinched hit with Sierra and use that opportunistic speed.  I thought that’s why he’s on this team.  If we are scoring runs I understand the call, but after stranding 23 runners you need to manage that run anyway possible.

Alfaro is now 0-4. 

It's why I said I can't wait for the real test to this team, of course we all have high expectations for this season due to the good 2020 and 2021 spring training, but with the fact that lacking the improvement to the roster in the last off-season, it's really not a surprise to see this team playing BAD.

5 hours ago, Major-Minor said:

The front office knew they had a pass this year...for no reason (in my opinion)...and they used it. The fan base signed off on it with defensiveness and even smiles about how finishing NEAR .500 would be a victory. They will make their money and even though they raised profits...it will not translate to us, the fan, at least not until next year.

This is what that looks like. Losing heart-breakers and series. Imploding. Waiting around for a chance or some luck.

This year will be forgotten because they will be better next year. And they WILL be better even if they actively do nothing to make the team better ...they will be better just by getting rid of some players...letting others get older and more experienced.

They will get a high pick and we can all be impressed with Jazz and a wasted year of this rotation...just a shame this was allowed to happen...but what can the fan base actually do...the team is set up to be better in the future so I guess it is hard to complain.

Also...only 5 games in to the season. But...who do you have more faith will learn how to win consistently all year ...us or the Braves? BOTH?

Hmm...They did go cheap by letting Kintzler sign elsewhere.  They need to extend Sandy, not sure what they are waiting for there.  

They need a better plan than “hit it to right field” cause the slugging is non existent and they can’t do anything with fastballs on the inside part of the plate cause they’re way behind on them. Rowson just wants to see them flip bloopers the other way like it’s 1976. And you can see that it’s affected BA more than anyone else cause he’s late on every fastball down the middle.

• Like 1

Why doesn't De Nicola post a game summary article on mlb.com? When I wake up I'm used to going on mlb.com and reading the full article recapping the previous game... sums up the game, gives me post game quotes, gives me details I may have missed, let's me watch video of the highlights (or lowlights), and sets up the stories and key points needed for the next game. I'm very disappointed to not still have this.

While I wholeheartedly agree with the people who are down on the team for them using their “free pass” this year, if Dickersons fly ball is 20 feet to the left or right of where he hit it we win that game. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

BTW, not sacrificing Jazz over to third to tie the gm so Sandy doesn’t take the L is a bit shady.  

Mattingly was facing Sandy in fantasy baseball this week.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

They need a better plan than “hit it to right field” cause the slugging is non existent and they can’t do anything with fastballs on the inside part of the plate cause they’re way behind on them. Rowson just wants to see them flip bloopers the other way like it’s 1976. And you can see that it’s affected BA more than anyone else cause he’s late on every fastball down the middle.

Is it Rowson, though, or Duncan? How much input does each have and who are the hitters listening to? Are they listening at all? Rowson had a pretty good team in Minnesota, but maybe that's just all it was - talent at the plate. Maybe it was the rocketballs. Who knows!

45 minutes ago, Michael said:

Is it Rowson, though, or Duncan? How much input does each have and who are the hitters listening to? Are they listening at all? Rowson had a pretty good team in Minnesota, but maybe that's just all it was - talent at the plate. Maybe it was the rocketballs. Who knows!

No clue, but it ain’t working!

49 minutes ago, Michael said:

Maybe we don’t have good hitters.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Erick said:

Maybe we don’t have good hitters.

this offense is doing exactly what i said they'd be doing - very minimal scoring occasionally punctuated by some random big offensive output

our "revamped" bullpen sure does like giving up a f*ck ton of homers too