4/7 Cardinals @ Marlins 4:10 PM

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

As someone who didn’t watch any games that year, is this what the 2019 season felt like?

No because we had 0 expectations.  This is much worse.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

What’s the bullpen ERA on the year?

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Too goddamn high.

In fact I'm going to file for a new political party - The "Marlins Bullpen ERA is Too Goddamn High" Party. Vote for me.

5 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

As someone who didn’t watch any games that year, is this what the 2019 season felt like?

This is what a lot of seasons have felt like lol.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Here's an idea. Why not keep Holloway up in the pen? He looked great, has great stuff and is a home grown talent.   SMH

Here's an idea. Why not wait until people have played more than 1 game before anointing them bullpen for life. This kind of impulsive thinking here on what moves the team should make and which players should play or be benched based on 3 or 4 games of production is starting to remind me of Loria. Remember the moves that he made. Trading for guys having half a good season despite terrible track records. Giving up our most promising prospects for guys destined to fail in the 2nd half. That is why the team had to rebuild. That is why we had to break up that offensive core. That is why we are complaining today.

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Here's an idea. Why not wait until people have played more than 1 game before anointing them bullpen for life. This kind of impulsive thinking here on what moves the team should make and which players should play or be benched based on 3 or 4 games of production is starting to remind me of Loria. Remember the moves that he made. Trading for guys having half a good season despite terrible track records. Giving up our most promising prospects for guys destined to fail in the 2nd half. That is why the team had to rebuild. That is why we had to break up that offensive core. That is why we are complaining today.

But Holloway looked good, sir. And didn't give up a run.

You have to understand.

Alcantara and Lopez each have a 1.50 era after 2 starts each.  They've started 4 out of our 6 games and we are going to fall to 1 and 5.   

Just now, Michael said:

But Holloway looked good, sir. And didn't give up a run.

You have to understand.

He looked terrible last year. I don't want to impulsively lose a guy on the roster for Holloway and then lose him to when he inevitably walks to many people and has a bad game. You don't make moves based on a single game.

2 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

He looked terrible last year. I don't want to impulsively lose a guy on the roster for Holloway and then lose him to when he inevitably walks to many people and has a bad game. You don't make moves based on a single game.

Sir.

You can't lambast the guy for being happy about a super small sample size of two innings when you yourself are basing your comment here off of an even smaller sample size.

image.png.891ab94391a8b5100b55b2b7b606f101.png

HE'S LITERALLY PITCHED SIX TIMES AS MANY INNINGS THIS YEAR.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

The fact that they are hitting the ball hard and it is not falling tells me that it will even out. We have had some bad luck. Eventually some of their hits will stop falling. Think of the 6th yesterday. Sure, Alfaro fucked the pooch when we needed him the most, but we would not have been in that position if not for the perfectly placed groundballs that the Marlins could not field. And just look at that Jazz flyout. Eventually some of those will fall with runners on and the Marlins will score in those spots.

• Like 1

It's hard to be a Marlins fan. You wanna love 'em but they make it tough on you. It's like every year is the same thing, over and over. We really need Bleday, J. Sanchez to be productive in the bigs.

2 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

The fact that they are hitting the ball hard and it is not falling tells me that it will even out. We have had some bad luck. Eventually some of their hits will stop falling. Think of the 6th yesterday. Sure, Alfaro fucked the pooch when we needed him the most, but we would not have been in that position if not for the perfectly placed groundballs that the Marlins could not field. And just look at that Jazz flyout. Eventually some of those will fall with runners on and the Marlins will score in those spots.

Yo Jeet's...with all that sweet Loria dough...why are you out trolling the Marlins forum?

Edited by Major-Minor
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Sir.

You can't lambast the guy for being happy about a super small sample size of two innings when you yourself are basing your comment here off of an even smaller sample size.

lol get his ass

5 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

I don't see what keeping Holloway up has to do with this.  His future isn't as a starter.  He started last season with the big club and then got COViD.  He pitched well the other night and has great stuff.  We don't have to trade for him.  Why not keep him?  Missing your point here as it pertains to Holloway. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Sir.

Sorry, I thought he pitched more last year. My main concern is the fact that he walked 6.3 per 9 in 2019 at freaking JUPITER. Let him prove that he can throw strikes in the minors before he inevitably implodes in the big leagues.