Sign in to follow this  
SongInTheAir

Pennsylvania Pirates @ Miami Marlins - June 14, 2019

YOUR Miami Marlins host Western Pennsylvania's own Pirates at Marlins Park in muggy Miami, Florida.

Trevor "Dicks" Richards (3-6, 3.31 ERA) takes on Steven "Don't Taze Me" Brault (2-1, 5.05 ERA) in the opening game of the series.

According to Baseball Reference's WAR calculation (rWAR), Trevor Richards has been the best pitcher the Marlins have so far this season. He is fifth according to calculations on Fangraphs (fWAR). 

(If you're wondering why I personally take Fangraphs WAR more seriously, Baseball Reference says that Miguel Rojas has been the second most valuable player on the Marlins roster this season.)

• Like 1

For anyone confused, the Marlins are off on Thursday, this game to open the series is on Friday.

2 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Baseball Reference says that Miguel Rojas has been the second most valuable player on the Marlins roster this season.)

When you invent 5000 stats, nutty things like this occur. I am sure FG has some nutty things too.

41 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

When you invent 5000 stats, nutty things like this occur. I am sure FG has some nutty things too.

well, nuts

Fangraphs says Alfaro has been our most valuable player, followed by Cooper and Anderson (tie), Neil Walker, and Harold Ramirez, THEN Miggy Ro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

All stats are invented. 

3 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

All stats are invented. 

They are, but I don't think the world needs so many.

• Like 1