Jump to content

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Walker, stroman, degrom - fish gonna get swept 

I actually think the opposite, I think the Marlins will take at least 2 out of 3 games, I'm predicting the Marlins will be a much better road team this year than at home, and that''s why they won't lose 100 games, they might lose 90 but not 100.

Edited by SirFishFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

I actually think the opposite, I think the Marlins will take at least 2 out of 3 games, I'm predicting the Marlins will be a much better road team this year than at home, and that''s why they won't lose 100 games, they might lose 90 but not 100.

Hopefully but that’s 2 tough righties and one extra tough righty against a lineup with not much lefty 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time this team have a real lineup is 2017, the terrible lineup would not only wasting the good pitching but also would putting the high pressure on the pitchers and weaken their performance, it's just a vicious cycle …

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marlins have played 6 games against top tier contenders. To put that in perspective, that is 2 outs in the top of the first inning. Long way to go. Like I said before, wait until after the first homestand and first road trip is over before really judging the quality of the team. So we can come back to this next week on Friday.

 

As for the impulsiveness you guys have shown, note that you guys got most of what you wanted. Coop and Jazz in the lineup. Alfaro out of it. Sure Dickerson was still leading off, but he got 2 hits. Wallach struck out 3 times. This lineup was the most similar to Saturday's that we have seen when they scored 12 runs. I said before that it was more about the pitchers we faced (Hill and Archer) than the lineup. Things will even out. If you can't stand a bad 6 game stretch, then I'm sorry, baseball is not the sport for you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not blaming our offense on the humidor or anything other than the hitters not getting the job done but it does suck that MLB is actively trying to deaden the baseball. 

Maybe I’m a bad baseballfan but I get no excitement from pitching dominated games. I want offense and this is another way to kill it .

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Couldnt fucking merge topics eh?

 

So....

 

Cardinals sweep!  

 

Yay!

 

Our outfield still fucking blows donkey nuts.  

Stfu

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pollythewog said:

Walker, stroman, degrom - fish gonna get swept 

Nah, it'd be a very Marlins thing to do to go sweep them.

2 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Maybe I’m a bad baseballfan but I get no excitement from pitching dominated games. I want offense and this is another way to kill it .

I get excitement from games where our pitching dominates and our offense does their job 😛 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Couldnt fucking merge topics eh?

 

So....

 

Cardinals sweep!  

 

Yay!

 

Our outfield still fucking blows donkey nuts.  

Just can't wait to see the Marlins to beat the cardinals in the NLCS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The baseball world would watching the Marlins this season to see the success of last season a fluke or not, so maybe the players (especially the position players in the 2020 Marlins ) were just trying to do too much, I believe Jeter and Ng would try to say something to them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Didn't it a no- brainer to start Neidert over Campbell ? I don't know why but this team seems reluctant to start Neidert dating back to last season. 

The next 2 starters up to fill in for Elieser and Sixto should be Neidert & Braxton Garrett. Knowing this team, it will be Paul Campbell & Castano. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

The Marlins have played 6 games against top tier contenders. To put that in perspective, that is 2 outs in the top of the first inning. Long way to go. Like I said before, wait until after the first homestand and first road trip is over before really judging the quality of the team. So we can come back to this next week on Friday.

 

As for the impulsiveness you guys have shown, note that you guys got most of what you wanted. Coop and Jazz in the lineup. Alfaro out of it. Sure Dickerson was still leading off, but he got 2 hits. Wallach struck out 3 times. This lineup was the most similar to Saturday's that we have seen when they scored 12 runs. I said before that it was more about the pitchers we faced (Hill and Archer) than the lineup. Things will even out. If you can't stand a bad 6 game stretch, then I'm sorry, baseball is not the sport for you. 

well, the BoSox didn't have many issues scoring runs off the Rays staff so there's a strong possibility that this offense is going to be as putrid as it looked going into the season.  Again, as I mentioned earlier, the most glaring issues going into this season were NOT fixed and the results are pretty much as some of us expected so far with the results.  Fantastic starting pitching, average bullpen, and a trash offense.  Anyone else (aside from whoever it was that said they expected a top 15, maybe top 10 offense) feel like this was a pretty fair assessment of what the season would look like?

Here's my big issue with the current ownership group.  They seem to be completely tone deaf when it comes to the often caustic relationship the Marlins have with their fanbase (i.e. casual fans).  When they took over for the team from Loria and his thrifty group, they had a chance to really make some positive impressions and the botched the transition on epic levels from dumping guys like Conine and Perez and doing it in shady fashion and then immediately having a firesale instead of realizing that the area has such a knee-jerk reaction to losing their stars over and over.  Obviously SOME contracts needed to be moved but I mean they left the team with nearly zilch outside of JT.  Still idiotic to have moved Yelich on that contract.

 

Now, again, they did a FANTASTIC job rebuilding the farm, and made the playoffs this year, and were a feel good story and could have built on that so what did they do going into this season?  Fail to address the glaring weaknesses in the offense.  They NEEDED a quality starting catcher, even if an overpay was involved.  They had placed so much emphasis on their young starting pitching that not nabbing one of the upgrades that were available this offseason was just flat out dumb.  Seeing JT's deal infuriated me because they should/could have topped that which, unless JT truly said he'd never play here again, was just dumb for not getting him back. 

 

It's just frustrating to see them completely whiff when the opportunity presents itself to build on some positivity with the casual fans who only read the headlines.  Folks are going to be aching to get out there and socialize and actually DO things as more and more things open up and (hopefully) get back to normal so building on that success is also part of running a great organization.  They're wasting promising years from the young guys (lets be honest re-signing.extending sandy, et al is NOT going to be cheap either and they may get moved too). 

 

Yeah, it's only 6 games in but again, if we can see what the glaring weaknesses are, why can't they?  That's why it's so infuriating.  Here's hoping to our first series win this weekend!  Love ya'll lol

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...