It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Hi guys, well, the Marlins season has started and is here in full swing!

The very unusual 2020 baseball season is behind us, with it’s short 60 game season and hopefully we’ll have a complete 162 game season this year!

I think that so many people (myself included a few times) have had moments where it feels like our brains are stuck in a 2020 baseball mode where every single game was a playoff chase, and a 5 game losing streak could completely knock the team out of the race. 😂

And I know that the 2019 season before that with its 100+ losses was tough enough, so after last season’s playoff run, expectations were higher than they’ve been for awhile coming into this season.

I know it’s disappointing that the Marlins first 6 games that they went 1-5, and it seems like after a seemingly long offseason and great spring training that deep down inside we were hoping that the team would be 4-2 or 5-1 by now.

Other people have said it here, much better than I can, but I guess some of us need to mentally readjust our brain back to full baseball season mode and remember how long the season actually is and how many games there are, that’s actually one of my favorite things about baseball, during the summer there is a game almost every single night, and how things can quickly change in a playoff race with a nice 5 game winning streak in early September! 😂

So yes, the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint.

So let’s all try to relax a bit, baseball is a great sport, and thanks to the large number of games things can change pretty quickly with a few nice winning streaks. Remember the ‘03 Marlins were 19-29 in May of that year and finished 91-71.

Do I think the Marlins will make the playoffs this year? I don’t know, but neither does anyone else, even if they’re a sports writer or Marlins number 1 fan. A lot can change between now and July for example, heck the ‘03 Marlins started the season with Todd Hollandsworth as the starting LF. 😂

I’m excited to see how this season will end up. 

Remember over the course of a long season, the Marlins could have 10 games losing streaks, but also maybe a 10 game winning streak. They will have 5 HR games and stretches of 5 games without a HR. They will have blown saves and complete game shutouts. There will be times where we are all stressed out with how the team is playing and times where we are jumping up and down whenever they are on a “9-1 in their last 10 games” streak. And this is the nature of a baseball season for every team.

Whatever happens this season, let’s just try to enjoy the fact that we have a regular baseball season back. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, so sit back, relax and enjoy some baseball.

Let’s go Marlins!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

Remember over the course of a long season, the Marlins could have 10 games losing streaks, but also maybe a 10 game winning streak.

see, multiple 10 game losing streakS is a concern.  if you have multiples of those and only ONE 10 game winning streak...you're pretty much done for

Anyone remember the Nationals WS season in 2019?  They may have had the greatest mid season turn around in all of sports without Harper & Gio or Zimmerman (I think).  Look at that roster. It’s not a prototypical WS team, not like the Dodgers. 

But let’s keep blaming Jeter. 

3 hours ago, hovertical said:

see, multiple 10 game losing streakS is a concern.  if you have multiples of those and only ONE 10 game winning streak...you're pretty much done for

Marlins can afford two 10 games losing streaks this year, as long as they go 89-53 the rest of the games, they could still make the postseason. 😂

Watching the presser, If Donnie was a lawyer for hire I would pass.  At one point he defends the ump as saying it was basically an honest mistake.  No emotion from Don other than looking defeated.  

We need some fire under this team right now Donnie. 

• Like 1