Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Urena moved to 60-day IL

10 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

How do you get Gallen on the 40 man roster? Legit I don't know. Also why is Rivera coming up??? and not Diaz!

Diaz can’t play 3B. Diaz is tied to Starlin. Once Starlin is gone, Diaz will be up 

24 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

How do you get Gallen on the 40 man roster? Legit I don't know. Also why is Rivera coming up??? and not Diaz!

Gallen's contract has to be selected and someone has to be removed from the 40 man roster. Putting someone on the 60 day IL temporarily removes them from the 40 man roster so this seems like the perfect way to add Gallen.

Edit: Actually no this isn't for Gallen, at least not yet... Rivera wasn't on the 40man roster so that's the reason Urena was moved to the 60 day IL. So for it to be Gallen someone else has to be taken off the 40 man.

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Seems odd that he'd go on the 60-day DL so quickly.

Yeah to go from lower back strain to 60 day IL within 3 days is really weird. 

24 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Should’ve traded him last year. Please don’t make the same mistake with Caleb 

You think they should trade Caleb now? (Nevermind, I read your reasons in the other thread) 

So remind me again why we got rid of Dan Straily? He wasn't gonna make us any better but this is exactly why a guy like Straily had a spot on this team especially in a season like this one. Even if they thought all 5 starters were better than him you know they always need more starters and a healthy veteran guy to eat innings would have been welcome now.