Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Urena moved to 60-day IL

46 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Gallen's contract has to be selected and someone has to be removed from the 40 man roster. Putting someone on the 60 day IL temporarily removes them from the 40 man roster so this seems like the perfect way to add Gallen.

Edit: Actually no this isn't for Gallen, at least not yet... Rivera wasn't on the 40man roster so that's the reason Urena was moved to the 60 day IL. So for it to be Gallen someone else has to be taken off the 40 man.

I'm sorry.  They made this move so they could add Yadiel Rivera?  Really?

33 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm sorry.  They made this move so they could add Yadiel Rivera?  Really?

For the purposes of adding Rivera as the direct replacement for Prado as a backup infielder, yes Urena was transferred to the 60 day IL so that Rivera's contract could be selected. 

Might Urena's injury eventually lead to Zac Gallen getting his opportunity? Maybe. But for today this move was done for Rivera. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

So remind me again why we got rid of Dan Straily? He wasn't gonna make us any better but this is exactly why a guy like Straily had a spot on this team especially in a season like this one. Even if they thought all 5 starters were better than him you know they always need more starters and a healthy veteran guy to eat innings would have been welcome now.

Dan Straily has a 7.98 ERA.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

So remind me again why we got rid of Dan Straily?

#FuckJeter

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Apparently Urena has a herniated disc.

is that a CD, laser, DVD, blu ray or vinyl ?

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

So remind me again why we got rid of Dan Straily? He wasn't gonna make us any better but this is exactly why a guy like Straily had a spot on this team especially in a season like this one. Even if they thought all 5 starters were better than him you know they always need more starters and a healthy veteran guy to eat innings would have been welcome now.

I disagree.  Straily had no trade value and was only going to block the young guys. I wouls much rather let Gallen, Hernandez, Yamamoto, Dugger, and Niedert (when healthy) take the innings than Straily.  We also have Chen and Noesi if it comes to that.  Also, don't think Caleb will miss much time.

5 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Dan Straily has a 7.98 ERA.

He just gave up 4 HRs in 1 1/3 tonight. ERA now over 9. Good grief this guy has fallen off a cliff since he left here....