4/10 Post Game Thread

1 hour ago, Michael said:

SUCK OUR COLLECTIVE DICKS, CONFORTO

Trevor J'Daniel Rogers with an amazing outing. Three perfect innings from the bullpen. Offense was enough today.

Homer by Jasrado Hermis Arrington Chisholm, Jr.

Insurance runs in the 9th.

A WIN!

you left out Don being smart and NOT using Bass in the 9th

• Like 1

Wow. Just skimmed through the game. Great homer by Jazz! Love to see the add on runs against their closer. Yimi came out for the 3 run save! But Trevor Rogers was absolutely filthy! Amazing game after the series opener ended so badly. Even though he went an inning fewer and got 4 less K's, I would definitely say that Trev out pitched the former Cy Young winner. Definitely less hard contact off the bat from what I saw.

3 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Wow. Just skimmed through the game. Great homer by Jazz! Love to see the add on runs against their closer. Yimi came out for the 3 run save! But Trevor Rogers was absolutely filthy! Amazing game after the series opener ended so badly. Even though he went an inning fewer and got 4 less K's, I would definitely say that Trev out pitched the former Cy Young winner. Definitely less hard contact off the bat from what I saw.

Oh and I love how the Marlins got to Diaz in the 9th. A lot of Mets fans seem to think he is God's gift to man again after his season last year so any opportunity to knock him back a notch feels sweet. I am also glad that the Marlins did not hit Conforto. Especially against an ace in deGrom, you can't give them baserunners in a close game. Rather than the dick waiving contest, it is better to just strike him out a bunch of times, which we did.

• Like 1

I find Trevor to be fascinating.  He fluctuates from generating swing and miss stuff to all of a sudden throwing 6 straight balls that are so far out of the K zone only Stanton during "The Slump" might have swung at them and then right back to making people whiff again.  He's going to have some really great games and some truly awful ones.  I don't see a lot of middle ground with him right now.  I just hope he continues to mature and harnesses his stuff even more because he really does have some frontline starter stuff in his arm for sure. 

Jazz is legit.  power. speed. defense - and he can even TAKE WALKS.  it's pretty amazing tbh.  his strike zone judgement has really come a long way in a fairly short amount of time.  Even last year when on the surface his stats stunk you could see he had a plan at the plate and he didn't swing at a ton of trash unlike Monte for instance who looked utterly lost in every at bat.   I think Jazz will be legit.  Maybe even our All-star rep in a couple seasons time.  That trade appears to be a perfect example of a trade that helped both teams out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vic D said:

Maybe I am wrong. The rotation looks legit. If Rodgers can repeat this, or something close to this consistently, we're talking top 5 rotation. Very very impressive outing from T-Raw.

Very very good outing from Trev today. Got into a little trouble and just reared back and got himself out of it. Very pleased with his performance.

8 minutes ago, Vic D said:

Maybe I am wrong. The rotation looks legit. If Rodgers can repeat this, or something close to this consistently, we're talking top 5 rotation. Very very impressive outing from T-Raw.

Been saying we have a top 5 rotation before spring.  Called out Jazz too.  Cooper is in slump but he will turn it around.  Said we need a catcher even though I have Wallach over Alfaro.  

Edited by jeffreysfishfry