Sign in to follow this  
Italian Marlins Fan

Who is going to be the Marlins 2019 All-Star?

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Can Smith be selected if he's injured at the time and still count as our representative? Because that could happen and would be so fitting for us lol.

Yes, they could do that. There was a year maybe 2012?!? where Stanton was selected but was injured and they just replaced him with someone non-Marlin. 

49 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Yes, they could do that. There was a year maybe 2012?!? where Stanton was selected but was injured and they just replaced him with someone non-Marlin. 

But I think Stanton was selected healthy and then got injured before the game. Caleb is currently on the IL that's why my question was a little less certain. 

28 minutes ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

But he got injured after he was selected. I’ve never seen it where they select a player that’s currently injured. 

Me either. Only happens if one is voted in, but not for a reserve cause they’ll just have to replace them anyway. 

it would be kinda cool if Alfaro got in actually considering who they traded to get him and all the drama around that shitshow

On 6/16/2019 at 9:14 AM, SilverBullet said:

Can Smith be selected if he's injured at the time and still count as our representative? Because that could happen and would be so fitting for us lol.

Happened in 2012 with Stanton. They replaced him with Harper.

I honestly think this team will send Adam Conley to the all star game that way he’s already there and ready to pitch the home run derby 

• Laugh 2