4/15 Post Game Thread

Michael

Can't sweep. 😞

Rogers another pretty good start.

Berti a great catch early.

Pop and Floro ... not many competitive pitches.

Marte homer.

Back to Miami, where the team hopefully figures out how to win.

The team has fire and the comeback spirit, at least, that has been clear.

• Like 3

I mean we took 3 of 4 which is great. But when you are 3 outs away from a sweep you want that sweep. 

Pretty frustrating the Floro looked like shit. 

Really hope Garcia isn't hurt. And 3 blown saves in 12 games isn't going to cut it.

Edited by canada-marlin24
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Well, coming into this series, none of us really expected the Marlins to take 3 of 4 from the Braves. Marlins exceeded all our expectations this series. Overall, not too many complaints.

Reposting this from the game thread.

• Like 1

Berti’s catch was UNBELIEVABLE. One of the best I’ve seen. I am a Berti fan boi.

Great efforts all 4 games. Fun series. Gotta love the result, taking 3/4 from a team that took the Dodgers 7 games last year.

Rogers has star potential. This rotation looks scarier good and scarier good over time.

Sandy, Rogers, Cabrera, Sixto, Meyer all with stuff to be #1s or #2s in this league. And then you’ve got Pablo, Elieser, Castano, Neidert, and Garrett. Hot diggity. Maybe Elieser becomes an ace closer or something.

• Like 3

I don’t mind being 5-7 after the 1-6 start. Beat DeGrom and took 3 of 4 in Atlanta.

Hopefully they start playing/hitting better at home. 

I don’t want to see Acuña again for a long time.

• Like 7

I don't know how many of you look at ESPN's power rankings each week. I get a kick out of them sometimes because they literally don't give two shits about 2/3 of the league.  The latest batch was released this morning and as such represented games played up through last night.  The moved the Braves UP one spot from 7th overall to 6th overall after their past week while dropping the Marlins down from 22 to 23 despite the Marlins having beaten the Braves 3 straight times at that point. 

Also, if you can ever find something where Brad Doolittle has to talk about the Marlins it's pretty clear that dude literally LOATHES anything about Miami. I don't know if he's ever said a nice thing about them tbh.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Banana 1

going into this series if someone said "hey, ya'll gonna take 3 of 4" anyone one us would have called that person a liar and thought that would be amazing if it were true...but yeah, holding a 9th inning lead with a chance to complete a unicorn-esque 4 game sweep the most hated team in the division on their own field?  phew...this hurts something fierce that they couldn't get the job done.  Can't really hate on the decision to bring Floro in as he's been fantastic to this point.  I threw up in my mouth a little when Pop was brought in though and giving up a 3 run bomb to that fat ass panda is just so "Marlins".

• Like 4

I'm bummed because outside of the decision to bring Pop in, Mattingly managed this game REALLY well. But of course, it seems like there's at least one move in every single game that Mattingly makes that defies logic, analytics, common sense, etc.

A rookie Rule 5 pitcher in a early but still high leverage situation like that? Absolutely not. 

• Banana 1

2 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

I'm bummed because outside of the decision to bring Pop in, Mattingly managed this game REALLY well. But of course, it seems like there's at least one move in every single game that Mattingly makes that defies logic, analytics, common sense, etc.

A rookie Rule 5 pitcher in a early but still high leverage situation like that? Absolutely not. 

Leaving floro in to face another lefty wasn’t ideal either 

i want to like Acuna, I really do, and I want to say it's just because he's not on our team and because he absolutely kills us that I can't stand him but man, sometimes i get this Hanley vibe from him where he'll eventually self-implode in his own love for himself.  I like guys that have fun and clown around a bit and don't take the game crazy serious but i just get the feeling Ronald is in love with himself.  Should be interesting to see what he ends up commanding on the open market if he ever reaches FA status and if Atlanta will be able to afford him or if he'll head off to NY, LA, or Boston.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

i want to like Acuna, I really do, and I want to say it's just because he's not on our team and because he absolutely kills us that I can't stand him but man, sometimes i get this Hanley vibe from him where he'll eventually self-implode in his own love for himself.  I like guys that have fun and clown around a bit and don't take the game crazy serious but i just get the feeling Ronald is in love with himself.  Should be interesting to see what he ends up commanding on the open market if he ever reaches FA status and if Atlanta will be able to afford him or if he'll head off to NY, LA, or Boston.

It was refreshing to see him playing around with Jazz and Aggy at least and not just pissed off. He's so talented, I can't help but respect his skill. Yeah I hate his production against us but kid's gonna win the MVP this year if he keeps 75% of this current production up.

And he's not a free agent til, uh, 2029 I think. So we better get used to him. Lol

• Like 1

Great series win.  I admit, I was prematurely wrong to accuse this team of giveng up on Mattingly.  I really thought the daily shuffling of the lineup was causing the team to shut down and maybe it did somewhat, but this team will obviously fight for Mattingly and each other.  Gotta give props for taking out Dickerson for Duvall in the 9th but, not bunting him to third was awful IMO.

I’m tired of my posts having the same ringtone against Ol’ Don btw.  I don’t recall I did this in any of my posts from last year, but I also don’t recall him being this bad.   Anyways, nice series win.  

Good series. Frustrating to lose the last one like that... but after being 1-6, its tough to complain. Need to take care of business against San Fran. Stick around .500 until we get Sixto/Elieser back and then its on.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.