Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

What do we do at the deadline

2 hours ago, legacyofCangelosi said:

Interesting no one has mentioned gallen because he has a good k/Bb ratio but watching him pitch he seems the most hittable. Sandy on the other hand which you all think is going to regress has the best stuff and can certainly improve by attacking the zone more. I actually think sandy is going keep getting better with time and experience. 

Gallen is pitchablility with a nasty cutter. Gallen isn't lighting up radar guns, but what he throws IS good. Plus he knows what he is doing. He is a pitcher, he has a craft he is always trying to improve. If he didn't have a plan, he would be hit hard. 

Gallen is the exact opposite of Alcantara, in that Alcantara doesn't need a plan, he can just throw and it will be fine, not great, but fine.

Gallen is also, at least for me, the reason the marlins need to be concerned about Richards. Richards only has 1.5 pitches to work with. He doesn't have the arsenal to be in a position to take advantage of that change-up. Even Hernandez has a changeup on top of that slider.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:14 AM, SilverBullet said:

Tl dr can anyone sum up the last few pages in this one for me? 

Hm.  Odd request, but I'll try......

Page 1 + Page 2 + Page 3 + Page 4 + Page 5 + Page 6 + Page 7 + Page 8 + Page 9 + Page 10 + Page 11 = Book

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:21 PM, Michael said:

He looks like a Marlins pitcher. They all look the same to me.

I concur with this, all Marlins looks the same in the wild 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:14 AM, SilverBullet said:

Tl dr can anyone sum up the last few pages in this one for me? 

One of out pitchers need to go. It's not clear which one. Chen sucks. 

17 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

One of our pitchers need to go. It's not clear which one Chen sucks. 

It's amazing how different your post is when you remove some of the punctuation. 

• Like 1

11 pages in and only about two weeks before the deadline and yet we still haven't decided what we're doing. 

Someone better figure it out or we'll probably just end up chilling at @SonOfJacks place and the wifi sucks over there. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

we'll probably just end up chilling at @SonOfJacks place and the wifi sucks over there. 

I am legit scared by this. I've never seen you here but the wifi does suck here.

• Like 2

Since it's a rebuild year I would get what I could for the veteran players, all of them starting with Romo all the way down the line with Walker, Prado and Grandy also hoping someone will take Chen (unlikely).  It looks as though they finally have some depth among starting pitchers, but  personally I wouldn't trade any of the young pitchers unless someone made a ridiculous offer, doubtful but if a team is desperate enough to wager the future why not? By trades, draft and international signings they've addressed a lot of needs for the organization, I'd like to see them add some catching depth as realistically they've got no one in the upper levels that could assume the duties if Alfaro missed significant time.  Definitely the time to be sellers!