Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

What do we do at the deadline

6 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

I just kind of glanced at the last few pages of this thread...are people saying we're not going to "be able" to trade anyone at the deadline? I 100% guarantee that the Marlins will trade a player from the current 25-man roster. I will take a lifetime ban and never post on here again plus donate $100 to the charity of anyone's choice if the 25-man roster today is the same as the 25-man roster on August 1.

It's worth remembering how rough Maybin's and Ziegler's starts were in 2018, yet both got traded. The return may not wow, but (at least some small) trades are very likely.

25 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

It's worth remembering how rough Maybin's and Ziegler's starts were in 2018, yet both got traded. The return may not wow, but (at least some small) trades are very likely.

There's NO chance Sergio Romo isn't traded. A few other guys are very likely to go, but (as long as he doesn't wind up on the IL in the next week) Romo will be traded for some C+ prospect or a comp pick or something relatively minor. 

1 hour ago, SongInTheAir said:

There's NO chance Sergio Romo isn't traded. A few other guys are very likely to go, but (as long as he doesn't wind up on the IL in the next week) Romo will be traded for some C+ prospect or a comp pick or something relatively minor. 

So we are getting someone from the minors? I guess it makes sense since you said they would acquire a prospect.

26 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

So we are getting someone from the minors? I guess it makes sense since you said they would acquire a prospect.

Yes, the player we get back in a Sergio Romo trade will not be someone who is currently in the Major Leagues, it will be a minor league player. 

4 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just hope Miggy still a Marlins after the deadline. 

As much as I like Miggy, why?  He isn't part of the long-term plan.

We don't just let him go for the sake of letting him go - his leadership & presence have value - but if we can get any kind of reasonable value in return (which shouldn't be a problem at all), you have to do it.

I like Miggy too, he seems like a really nice guy and a productive player. But yeah, they have to trade him if they are offered a decent return package.

It would be cool to see him join a contender and help put them over the top for a title run. It is often guys like him that are the difference makers on contending teams.

• Like 1

I’d rather they keep Rojas.  He doesn’t have the statistics that would bring players back of any great significance but he has value to our team in terms of leadership clubhouse stuff.  Which normally I’m not that guy to overvalue that but in the case of this marlins team I think they need him specifically and will need him going forward in the next couple of seasons as we start promoting players that we are all excited to see like Isan, Monte, Sixto, etc. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just hope Miggy still a Marlins after the deadline. 

I thought you were from the future? Must not be any farther than Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Got to thinking about the Realmuto trade negotiations last night when the Puig trade was announced.  When the Reds were rumored to be in on JT one of the big pieces we were looking for in return was Taylor Trammell. He was dealt last night.  Looking at trammells stats in AA this year he has not been good at all.  Reports aren’t  glowing.  Glad that didn’t come to fruition