Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

What do we do at the deadline

On 7/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, THRILLHO said:

I’d rather they keep Rojas.  He doesn’t have the statistics that would bring players back of any great significance but he has value to our team in terms of leadership clubhouse stuff.  Which normally I’m not that guy to overvalue that but in the case of this marlins team I think they need him specifically and will need him going forward in the next couple of seasons as we start promoting players that we are all excited to see like Isan, Monte, Sixto, etc. 

Agreed, right now Rojas has more value staying with the team. I think they should sell high on Nick Anderson, don't make the same mistake they did with Conley last year.

• Like 1

I think only Nick Anderson will be traded at the deadline, which means Smith will stay. 

They absolutely need to trade at least two of Castro Walker Granderson, even if the return is lesser, it would be a waste to hang on to them. There are no positives to keeping those guys any longer.

Smith and or Richards you hold to a super overpay or nothing.

The relievers and Rojas are not must go's like the veterans but if you get anything worth a shit you do it. 

Nobody wants Chen, Prado, or Holaday but if anyone even calls and asks for them you take the first return they offer no matter what it is. If someone says they'll give us a pack of bubble gum for Prado you do it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THRILLHO said:

Got to thinking about the Realmuto trade negotiations last night when the Puig trade was announced.  When the Reds were rumored to be in on JT one of the big pieces we were looking for in return was Taylor Trammell. He was dealt last night.  Looking at trammells stats in AA this year he has not been good at all.  Reports aren’t  glowing.  Glad that didn’t come to fruition 

How about Forrest Whitley's 12.21 ERA in AAA? Feeling a lot better about Sixto right now than Whitley...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

if someone says they'll give us a pack of bubble gum for Prado you do it. 

That sucks to even think, but you're right.  I wanted Prado on our team since his early Braves years.  We just got him way too late in his career.