Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

What do we do at the deadline

On 6/19/2019 at 10:04 PM, SilverBullet said:

I myself will do nothing special that day except go to work and probably come home and watch some Netflix. 

You're great. 

We have lots of prospects already, so how about just to keep some "important and useful" veterans, I believe all the good teams were succeeded with some veterans. 

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

We have lots of prospects already, so how about just to keep some "important and useful" veterans, I believe all the good teams were succeeded with some veterans. 

The veterans we have aren't important or useful. Get more prospects. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

When we are a championship team, the prospects and young guys we have now will be the important and useful veterans. Veteran players do not have to be "old" like a Granderson or Walker.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

When we are a championship team, the prospects and young guys we have now will be the important and useful veterans. Veteran players do not have to be "old" like a Granderson or Walker.

Exactly. Guys like Granderson or Walker are great to have around right now for their leadership qualities, but 99% chance they're nowhere near the team when it's good.

Would love to keep Granderson around as a coach after the year if he doesn't get any playing offers.

• Like 1

Also the useful veterans for our hypothetical next contender will come when that team comes. It wont be the old guys we have now. Get something, anything, for the veterans we have now before they depart for nothing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Who should the Marlins be trading, if anybody, besides Castro? 

Any reliever that draws interest.

31 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Any reliever that draws interest.

What does their artistic talent have to do with who we should trade? 

On 6/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, 97marlin said:

Let's not get too excited here. I think we should hold off on selling low on Anderson. This is his second year in the league he is 24, still cheap, he is only going to get better. Let's wait a bit.

I think there is something to be said for shopping Smith, and Richards. I think there is also an argument to be made that both are off limits. I think this should come down to your plans in the next year or so.

Anderson was 25 last year. Unless he found a way to age in reverse or he found the fountain of youth that Juan Ponce de Leon used to pitch against us this week, I don't see how he would be 24 this year.

• Like 1