Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

What do we do at the deadline

5 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Any reliever that draws interest.

I would hold on to Quijada and Brigham, but trade any of the others. Maybe Steck too. His struggles this year could have been injury related and he has been decent in the past. I say give him the chance to repair his trade value.

Four pages into this thread and no one but me has said what they are gonna do at the deadline. Everyone just keeps mentioning what they think the Marlins should do at the deadline. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Just keep Rojas. 

Rojas is kinda like the "new" Prado for this team from when Prado used to be good and his hamstrings weren't made of wet tissue paper (no, i know the bat isn't quite to par but it's not far off either) - kinda odd considering Prado is still with the Marlins.

That said, if they get a decent offer you still have to move him - he's the kind of player that's key for a team with real aspirations of winning it all since he's so versatile in the field and doesn't embarass himself with the bat either.  Most title winning teams do  have that super utility guy on their team which is what Rojas certainly would qualify as.  He can certainly start on a regular basis as well - but he wouldn't be an everyday starter on a playoff team most likely so none of the middling or bottom feeding teams will likely put an offer out there for him as there would be no point.

Also, if any of the bullpen arms get even a respectable offer - you move them.  There is not a single lights-out type of bp arm on this roster and the bp is generally the easiest part to fix in an offseason whether it's through FA or even just converting a starter to long relief or calling some kids up.  Legit shut down type guys in the bullpen that can do it from year to year are really rare (when you consider how many there are in MLB) and every year new guys step up and assume that role. It's probably the most volatile part of any MLB roster. 

If for some reason Richards doesn't work out as a starter he would make a devastating relief arm, though in my opinion since he does have that stupidly good out pitch.  I really don't want to see him moved.  Such a shame that Urena had to go and get himself injured. 

• Like 3

We’re definitely BUYERS after our amazing showing against the Nationals 

33 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Rodney is probably available.

15 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Rodney is probably available.

012517_wbc_rodney_med_lijm109h.gif

I think Rojas is the only piece that can net us a good prospect at the deadline

1 hour ago, DTrain said:

Well a Marlins sweep wasn't gonna really make us buyers anyways. 

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Well a Marlins sweep wasn't gonna really make us buyers anyways. 

WE WEREN’T?!?!?!?!