Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

What do we do at the deadline

We're already giving up on Richards?

Just wanna clarify so I'm caught up with the narratives around here. 

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Victor Victor is a bust, Richards is a bust, Brinson is a bust, Yamamoto will just become a bust, everyone sucks.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

14 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

i've been saying it for a bit - i don't see him as a starter. i do see him excelling in the bullpen however since he does have an elite pitch.

Richards won’t be in the starting rotation by August of 2020.  I’ve said this before 

34 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Richards won’t be in the starting rotation by August of 2020.  I’ve said this before 

Ok.

7 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Oh honey, wait until you see Alcantara when the regression monster hits him. 

So negative.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:06 PM, Lakeshow00 said:

No one wants a bottom tier 2nd baseman in Castro as well.  The Yankees gladly gave him up as part of the Stanton deal.  He has 0 value with that contract and I doubt the Fish will pay part of his contract and ship him out.  Just another waste of money ala Chen.  

This is the really the first time that Rojas has any value outside of being a backup so hopefully some team overpays for him. I can’t see him being part of the rebuild already being over 30

I would argue that Marlins should hold onto Rojas.  First of all, what are we really going to get for him?  Second of all, who's going to replace him at SS?  Rivera or Riddle? Yuck!  We also have no one in our system that is close to MLB ready. Third, he is the leader in that club house and the one who has these kids playing the game the right way and playing hard.  You can tell how much the young players respect him. Finally, he's affordable.  

Unless someone is going to overpay, which I doubt, we should hold into him.  He's not young but at 30 he's not too old either.  Even when the rebuild is complete, he could be a valuable bench player and at the same time continue to mentor the young guys. 

26 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

So negative.

Just realistic, honestly. Alcantara doesn't miss bats, and his run prevention is not sustainable if he keeps walking almost as many guys as he strikes out. I understand that on-field performance is the most important metric, but there's plenty of value in advanced stats like SIERA and FIP, both of which show Alcantara is (right now) a well below average pitcher. I think he can still develop into a solid starter as he's shown plenty of signs of putting things together, but there remains the chance that his career follows the path of Jarred Cosart (eerily similar numbers at this point)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Just realistic, honestly. Alcantara doesn't miss bats, and his run prevention is not sustainable if he keeps walking almost as many guys as he strikes out. I understand that on-field performance is the most important metric, but there's plenty of value in advanced stats like SIERA and FIP, both of which show Alcantara is (right now) a well below average pitcher. I think he can still develop into a solid starter as he's shown plenty of signs of putting things together, but there remains the chance that his career follows the path of Jarred Cosart (eerily similar numbers at this point)

Alcantara DOES miss bats, just not on the third strike. Alcantara's problem is his pitch selection. He doesn't get hit hard, so I would say he has the most potential going forward. By a lot!

Richards has a lot of potential too, he has a plus plus pitch! I'd just move him because he is a major league starter for a competitive team, plus he has long term upside. Not an ace, but a lot of competetive teams have terrible back end rotation players. Or (the better option) a great long man out of the pen, we should use more pitchers fewer starters and more guys out of the pen. Let them pitch once through the order. Elieser and Richards are great, but not twice through, they each have 1 dominant pitch. If the marlins ever decided to be great, they could shorten starts and immidiatley be effective. It would improve an already good starting rotation.