4/18 Post Game Thread

4 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Hey guys, I know that correlation does not equal causation, and I know that you cannot blame something like clothes for the Marlins loss. However, I will say that in doing some research I have discovered that in the Marlins 9 games that they have played at home this season, their record when they play with the white uniforms is 0-4 and when they play with the black uniforms it is 3-2. I'm sure it's not related, but I like them in the black uniforms at home! 😂

I actually have an answer for this. The Marlins have a uniform "schedule" though it can be changed if the feels like changing it up, it's not like it's something concrete. But at home they wear the black uniforms on Friday and Saturdays, and they just so happen to have won 3 of their 4 four Friday and Saturday home games. They wore the black jersey on the last game of the Cardinals series probably just trying to break their losing streak in that rough first week but of course they lost that one.

Anyways the point is that your observation is more about how well they've played on Friday and Saturday home games. 

8 hours ago, jsprt14 said:

If Marte is hurt, you gotta call up Bleday.

Not sure how calling up Bleday solves anything. He’s not playing CF, and neither are Duvall, Dickerson, or Cooper. It comes down to Sierra in CF and/or calling up Brinson/Monte 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, marlins_09 said:

Not sure how calling up Bleday solves anything. He’s not playing CF, and neither are Duvall, Dickerson, or Cooper. It comes down to Sierra in CF and/or calling up Brinson/Monte 

I'm not a baseball player but really have so big difference between playing the corner outfield with playing the central outfield ?

5 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I'm not a baseball player but really have so big difference between playing the corner outfield with playing the central outfield ?

It's not something that can't be done but CF has more ground to cover and so the CF tends to need more speed and usually be a better defender than a corner outfielder. Also if the player has never done it then they might have more trouble reading balls off the bat. Usually a CF can switch to the corners much easier than a corner outfielder can switch to CF.

So yes in this situation it's most likely that Marte is replaced by Brinson Sierra Berti or Monte or a combination of those. 

• Like 1