Starling Marte Has Non-Displaced Rib Fracture

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

What? No on the Brinson thing. Brinson's option for this year has already been used, it can't be retained.

OK, YOU teach me about these option things!

sadly brinson is still better than what we saw from Monte last season.  Would still rather get Berti some more at bats though. he's also a vastly superior baserunner than Brinson (maybe because Brinson has almost no experience in being one)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, hovertical said:

sadly brinson is still better than what we saw from Monte last season.  Would still rather get Berti some more at bats though. he's also a vastly superior baserunner than Brinson (maybe because Brinson has almost no experience in being one)

I agree on that point about Berti.

I know he has been struggling as of late, but still I feel like he should be given a chance out in CF while Marte is out, maybe not to start everyday, but every 3 out of 5 games he could start with Brison getting the other two. I know they need to keep him for infield depth, but after his spring training performance plus some pretty solid playing to begin the season, I think he should be given a chance. But I doubt it will happen, with Brinson here and as mentioned Berti needed for INF depth.

I think people are too concerned about the Brinson call up as if he's supposed to replicate what Marte was doing. As for who replaces Marte on the active roster starting today then yes Brinson is the right guy to call up. But with that said I don't believe Brinson is suddenly gonna be starting in CF every day. Donnie has plenty of options and Brinson is just one of them. He's still got Berti, Sierra and even Dickerson so that Cooper can play every day in right while Duvall takes left. So it'll be a mix and match thing, it's not suddenly gonna be just Brinson.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Brinson will be starting tonight.

I'm waiting for someone to make a game thread for today's game so I can comment on today's lineup. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
19 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I think people are too concerned about the Brinson call up as if he's supposed to replicate what Marte was doing. As for who replaces Marte on the active roster starting today then yes Brinson is the right guy to call up. But with that said I don't believe Brinson is suddenly gonna be starting in CF every day. Donnie has plenty of options and Brinson is just one of them. He's still got Berti, Sierra and even Dickerson so that Cooper can play every day in right while Duvall takes left. So it'll be a mix and match thing, it's not suddenly gonna be just Brinson.

I'm curious if it was a typo, or if that tweet is meaning to say that Brinson will get the startS (all or most of them) in CF while Marte is out?

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I'm waiting for someone to make a game thread for today's game so I can comment on today's lineup. 😂

I was trying to give others a chance but since nobody is doing it, looks like it is back to me again.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm going to disagree with you for one reason.  Brinson needs one more chance to prove he can be an everyday starter.  I'm sure most on here have already come to their own conclusion, but the team probably wants to give him one more chance.  Even if it's for 2 or 3 weeks, it's in everyone's best interest to see if Brinson can breakout before casting him aside as merely a bench or AAAA type of player.   

• Like 3

Really hope Brinson turns himself into a capable ML. Wouldn't even complain if he turns into Maybin 2.0 since, well.... He was part of Cabrera 2.0. Just hope it's with us on cheap deals if that happens.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

i don't tihnk anyone here expects him to replace Marte's offense. i would however like him to at least be replacement level for once

17 hours ago, Rydawg said:

I'm going to disagree with you for one reason.  Brinson needs one more chance to prove he can be an everyday starter.  I'm sure most on here have already come to their own conclusion, but the team probably wants to give him one more chance.  Even if it's for 2 or 3 weeks, it's in everyone's best interest to see if Brinson can breakout before casting him aside as merely a bench or AAAA type of player.   

I agree he needs the chance, like I said about Alfaro last week I wish guys like he and Brinson could realistically get every opportunity possible to prove themselves but I also didn't think Brinson would be the primary CF with Marte out, with that said, Donnie made it sound like he was definitely gonna be just that so we shall see what happens. I'm both worried yet happy that Brinson will get another real chance. Donnie is making it sound like Lew has changed his mechanics enough that we should consider this a new chance because he's a different hitter than he was before that, that could be be BS but it could also have some truth behind it so let's hope for the best of course.

The other thing, with all the outfielders in our system, I don't think it matters if Brinson becomes a starter caliber player anymore. If he becomes an actual good 4th outfielder that's probably enough for the Marlins because there just may not be any room on this team for him to actually be a full time starter.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

The other thing, with all the outfielders in our system, I don't think it matters if Brinson becomes a starter caliber player anymore. If he becomes an actual good 4th outfielder that's probably enough for the Marlins because there just may not be any room on this team for him to actually be a full time starter.

That's only if Marte is part of the long term plans.  If for example, Dickerson and Duvall are out next year, we need 2 of Bleday, Harrison, Brinson or Sanchez to stick.  Conine, Encarnacion, and Scott might not be ready next season.  Of course Victor Victor is a wild card as well.  With that said, if Marte is gone as well, we are going to have to give every OF prospect a legit shot.  

Good thing is that we also have another wave with Misner, Burdick and Mesa Jr.  So, long term we should be set.  

1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

That's only if Marte is part of the long term plans.  If for example, Dickerson and Duvall are out next year, we need 2 of Bleday, Harrison, Brinson or Sanchez to stick.  Conine, Encarnacion, and Scott might not be ready next season.  Of course Victor Victor is a wild card as well.  With that said, if Marte is gone as well, we are going to have to give every OF prospect a legit shot.  

Good thing is that we also have another wave with Misner, Burdick and Mesa Jr.  So, long term we should be set.  

But that's exactly my point, you have all those names plus I'm sure there will be future trade returns, draft picks, and free agents as well so Lewis Brinson doesn't have to become a frontline starter here. We're no longer depending on him like we seemingly were doing back in 2018.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, Michael said:

Not using one of Monte's options is one big reason here.

Lewis just has to be serviceable. Not even *good*.

Just shows you how 'bad' Harrison has been tbh. 

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

If the Marlins had any organizational testicles and Jeter didnt care about nickels and dimes so much they should say fuck it and call up Bleday.  

Guy hasn't played a day above Single A. I know there are examples of success going from A to MLB but it is rare. Let him get some ABs in at AAA if he starts there as rumors say and see how it goes.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Guy hasn't played a day above Single A. I know there are examples of success going from A to MLB but it is rare. Let him get some ABs in at AAA if he starts there as rumors say and see how it goes.

Lack of organizational testicles.  

You know what the fuck you have in what you are calling up.  

Bleday is an advanced prospect.  Push the kid.  Stop playing it cheaply to have him locked up in you organization until he is age 31 or whatever idiotic reason they have.

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Lack of organizational testicles.  

You know what the fuck you have in what you are calling up.  

Bleday is an advanced prospect.  Push the kid.  Stop playing it cheaply to have him locked up in you organization until he is age 31 or whatever idiotic reason they have.

Bleday was drafted 2019 with one season in the minors. Has nothing to do with dollars.  You’re basically just trolling at this point.

The Cardinals are cheap for how much intake revenue they make based on the same measure as the Marlins and you know it.  

• Like 3