Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

WTF? MLB approves Rays to explore playing in BOTH Tampa and Montreal?

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Who is this idea supposed to benefit? 

It's just a leverage tactic to try to get movement on a stadium deal.  But it's a very odd one at that.  As opposed to the typical "build us a park or we'll move", it's "build us a park or you'll build us a park and half have the games".   lol

There's no shot at this actually happening.

On a side note, I think a team in Nashville would be cool, and I'm guessing that'll eventually happen.  Hmm.  Swap the Rays and Sounds?  Nashville gets an MLB team, Tampa gets a AAA team?  Maybe not that crazy!

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It's just a leverage tactic to try to get movement on a stadium deal.  But it's a very odd one at that.  As opposed to the typical "build us a park or we'll move", it's "build us a park or you'll build us a park and half have the games".   lol

There's no shot at this actually happening.

On a side note, I think a team in Nashville would be cool, and I'm guessing that'll eventually happen.  Hmm.  Swap the Rays and Sounds?  Nashville gets an MLB team, Tampa gets a AAA team?  Maybe not that crazy!

Right I know it's ridiculous but I'm curious what those who think this is a good idea would say if asked what the point or benefit of this is. Like why would they think anyone would agree to this? If I'm the city of Tampa/St Petersburg, or the city of Montreal, or MLB, or the Rays organization itself... why would I want this? I see no way that this is a good idea for any of the involved parties. 

I think I'm just stumped that this got as far as it has already. 

52 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Joe with the brilliant ideas as usual.

The people won't drive across the bay from Tampa to St. Pete as it is.......and he expects them to drive an hour to get to Lakeland from two separate cities??

Or maybe the people in Lakeland would go? 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The great Brad Ziegler chimes in...

Obviously you wouldn't move your family lol.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Right I know it's ridiculous but I'm curious what those who think this is a good idea would say if asked what the point or benefit of this is. Like why would they think anyone would agree to this? If I'm the city of Tampa/St Petersburg, or the city of Montreal, or MLB, or the Rays organization itself... why would I want this? I see no way that this is a good idea for any of the involved parties. 

I think I'm just stumped that this got as far as it has already. 

I'm completely with you.  Especially something that MLB announced.  Like I get it if it were leaked by some employee as a random "idea", but like it's an official MLB permission thing.  Weird.

Ultimately probably just trying to get Tampa and Montreal to compete over who can build a ballpark first to win the team for the whole season. Propose half a season so that neither side likes it and then MLB and the Rays say "whoever gives us a stadium first gets the team all year." 

F*** this idea right back to whatever straight hell this came from. If Manfred Approves this he is a bigger c*** then I could ever imagine.

• Like 1

No one in Tampa will go anymore (versus how many go now), no one will like them, just like when all the Canadians spend a few months down here, happy to see them go.  (no offense to our part time residents from the north).  How would you determine where to have the playoff games since it will be cold again come playoff time?

If no one is willing to drive from Tampa to St. Pete, why do they think they will be willing to drive all the way to Montreal? Terrible idea.

#FuckJeter

• Laugh 3