Jump to content

Jacob Nottingham


Recommended Posts

Jacob Nottingham was just DFA'd by the Brewers and I think the Marlins should take a chance on claiming him. He's bad, but not as bad as the current catchers we have in the organization. Big power potential (60) and a strong arm (60). Not a great fielder and strikes out a bit too much, but there are *some* decent signs in his swing profile. It's worth at least a claim to see what happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Jacob Nottingham was just DFA'd by the Brewers and I think the Marlins should take a chance on claiming him. He's bad, but not as bad as the current catchers we have in the organization. Big power potential (60) and a strong arm (60). Not a great fielder and strikes out a bit too much, but there are *some* decent signs in his swing profile. It's worth at least a claim to see what happens. 

 

Doesn't that describe Alfaro?  lol

 

image.png.55adbaa581fc3cdb7ac80ec757a3281c.pngPower potential

image.png.d370d7f98e92717c4fcc412385385a39.pngStrong arm

image.png.da5ff9aee5a9d07cf03ac02a003bbdff.pngNot a great fielder

image.png.82aa19ad3758ab628def91a184dd4ffb.pngStrikes out too much.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

 

Doesn't that describe Alfaro?  lol

His fielding has improved in all fairness, despite some of the insane passed balls.

Could happen for Nottingham too I guess.

And yes. Strikeouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

His fielding has improved in all fairness, despite some of the insane passed balls.

Could happen for Nottingham too I guess.

And yes. Strikeouts.

Jorge Alfaro, currently 4th on the FG leaderboard for framing. As the president of the Chad Wallach Fan Club, I am stunned.

And he's up there with the big boys, too. Some fellas making a heck-ton of money to catch balls:

image.thumb.png.d5f22fc5194a2e24535d1a5a43d02574.png

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

 

Doesn't that describe Alfaro?  lol

 

image.png.55adbaa581fc3cdb7ac80ec757a3281c.pngPower potential

image.png.d370d7f98e92717c4fcc412385385a39.pngStrong arm

image.png.da5ff9aee5a9d07cf03ac02a003bbdff.pngNot a great fielder

image.png.82aa19ad3758ab628def91a184dd4ffb.pngStrikes out too much.

And he looks a lot like Alfaro too!!!! Check this out 😳🤣🤣🤣

5e54584b3a2d6.image.jpg

https___reviewingthebrew.com_wp-content_uploads_imagn-images_2017_07_14897375-850x560.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Jorge Alfaro, currently 4th on the FG leaderboard for framing. As the president of the Chad Wallach Fan Club, I am stunned.

And he's up there with the big boys, too. Some fellas making a heck-ton of money to catch balls:

image.thumb.png.d5f22fc5194a2e24535d1a5a43d02574.png

Maybe some of those passed balls was an effort to frame.  With more experience he should adapt to pitches that are more accessible to the ones that are not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

And he looks a lot like Alfaro too!!!! Check this out 😳🤣🤣🤣

5e54584b3a2d6.image.jpg

https___reviewingthebrew.com_wp-content_uploads_imagn-images_2017_07_14897375-850x560.jpeg

Hahaha. I thought the same thing when searched for Jacob Nottingham earlier today. 😂

 

Imagine if we got rid of Alfaro and signed Nottingham, and they are basically the same.

 

It reminds me of that time that the Marlins traded Vesia and signed Fishman.

 

Vesia:

image.png.5bf5ebd1dad523a45aa33079a6a0e6b9.png

 

Fishman:

image.thumb.png.c10e2a01542b08ecdf2a7335a75eea45.png

 

😂

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Hahaha. I thought the same thing when searched for Jacob Nottingham earlier today. 😂

 

Imagine if we got rid of Alfaro and signed Nottingham, and they are basically the same.

 

It reminds me of that time that the Marlins traded Vesia and signed Fishman.

 

Vesia:

image.png.5bf5ebd1dad523a45aa33079a6a0e6b9.png

 

Fishman:

image.thumb.png.c10e2a01542b08ecdf2a7335a75eea45.png

 

😂

 

Separated at birth!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Alright this is definitely gonna leave to a Marlins lookalikes thread!

Hahaha, nice. 

Finding lookalikes are one of my specialties! 😂

Are we allowed to use former Marlins, or just from the current roster?

Edited by SirFishFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Framing is such a made up bunk stat that is just a stat head geeks' wet dream.  

You're a made up bunk stat.

But I mean if it helps, it helps. Lol. Umpires are *supposed* to call the zone and not how the catcher receives the ball but here we are. Framing works some wonders somehow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Michael said:

You're a made up bunk stat.

But I mean if it helps, it helps. Lol. Umpires are *supposed* to call the zone and not how the catcher receives the ball but here we are. Framing works some wonders somehow.

Didn't Alfaro's framing improved this season ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Framing is such a made up bunk stat that is just a stat head geeks' wet dream.  

 

Are you saying that the framing stat is not factual, or that it’s extremely overrated in some regard?   Not that I don’t agree with you but can you elaborate without talking in absolutes. 

Edited by FishFry
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FishFry said:

Are you saying that the framing stat is not factual, or that it’s extremely overrated in some regard?   Not that I don’t agree with you but can you elaborate without talking in absolutes. 

Extremely overrated on many levels that I'm not really sure what it proves other than who can steal more strikes?  

a lot of advanced stats are way overrated to me and too many put too much reliance on a lot of them.

But hey if it helps to show your guy as someone good....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Extremely overrated on many levels that I'm not really sure what it proves other than who can steal more strikes?  

a lot of advanced stats are way overrated to me and too many put too much reliance on a lot of them.

But hey if it helps to show your guy as someone good....

Y'all know it's easier to just write, "I don't understand them, and I fear what I don't understand."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...