April 23rd in San Francisco

If you could only make ONE of these changes this season which would it be?

A) Change Marlins manager

B) Sign a good catcher

C) Trade Dickerson for a good relief pitcher

D) Change Holly for Hutton

😂

8 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Ok, but he's also only had 23 ABs so far this season. 

He had 766 plate appearances from 2018-2020 to a tune of a .548 OPS. He doesn't deserve a short leash. He deserves a non existent leash. That is unless you can find something redeemable like a solid swing or a complete focus on the game. He has shown neither.

3 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

B) Sign a good catcher

😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

B) Sign a good catcher

😂

I'm thinking there has to be a shake-up coming soon.... I doubt Mattingly gets fired yet but I hope his time is running out, so maybe fire the hitting coach?  I understand there have been injuries, but this offense has not performed and it's pretty lifeless.  Outside of Jazz there is no spark.  Aguilar just seems to be regressing badly, I almost want to find a reason to call up Lewin and see what he can do.

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

B) Sign a good catcher

😂

I think you could only "trade " for a good catcher "in the season ".

Just now, Erick said:

I agree, because, if the Marlins end up sucking really bad this season, at least with Tommy Hutton the games would be slightly more entertaining, even if the Marlins are losing. With Holly, the long games when the Marlins aren’t playing well, just seem like 2 hours longer than they actually are. 😂

1 minute ago, FishFan95 said:

He had 766 plate appearances from 2018-2020 to a tune of a .548 OPS. He doesn't deserve a short leash. He deserves a non existent leash. That is unless you can find something redeemable like a solid swing or a complete focus on the game. He has shown neither.

You yourself said he improved somewhat last season.  23 ABs this season isn't enough of a sample size to see if he can continue to improve on that this season.  I'm not defending his work as a whole.  I did take exception to judging his work ethic when we as fans see so little of these guys off of the field.  I would assume that the FO wouldn't  still be trotting him out there if they saw a poor work ethic.  Either way, we have few options right now.  Unless you prefer Sierra or Monte out there right now?

2 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I think you could only "trade " for a good catcher "in the season ".

That’s true. But with the way the Marlins catchers have been playing so far this season, some of the current free agent catchers would probably be considered “good” in comparison. 😂

• Sad 1
Just now, Rydawg said:

You yourself said he improved somewhat last season.  23 ABs this season isn't enough of a sample size to see if he can continue to improve on that this season.  I'm not defending his work as a whole.  I did take exception to judging his work ethic when we as fans see so little of these guys off of the field.  I would assume that the FO wouldn't  still be trotting him out there if they saw a poor work ethic.  Either way, we have few options right now.  Unless you prefer Sierra or Monte out there right now?

I mean he was still bad last year. He was just really, really, really bad in the preceding years. Keep in mind he had a good first couple of weeks last year and then was horrible the rest of the way. The only justification for having him here is that there are no other options. To be honest, I would rather have Monte or Miller here.

Resign Marte and trade Dickerson by July with Bleday as the replacement. Maybe Duvall as well if he continues to do nothing against teams that don't start with the letter "B."