Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

Should this team to sign big bats ?

13 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

To sign an extension?

I mean....there may be an extension, but not the type you're thinking of... 😏

With so many prospects would be major league ready in 1~3 years, I don't think this team would give those big name FAs long term contracts that over 3 years so I'm really doubt the chance they to sign those FAs without offering the contracts that over 5 years.

The key will be whether Brinson figures it out and if Diaz and Harrison come up and hit. I think we could see all of them up here pretty soon, assuming Harrison's wrist issue doesn't linger. 

10 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

With so many prospects would be major league ready in 1~3 years, I don't think this team would give those big name FAs long term contracts that over 3 years so I'm really doubt the chance they to sign those FAs without offering the contracts that over 5 years.

Not every prospect pans out so they'll give contracts to free agents who fill the gaps were some prospects fail. They won't go for free agents in spots where the prospects have clicked. So, for example, if Isan Diaz works out then they won't go for a free agent second baseman. 

• Like 1

Lindor would require a massive trade and we're not in a position to do that yet.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Lindor would require a massive trade and we're not in a position to do that yet.

I think our only chance to get him would be trade and sign to an extension.  Don't think there's any way we can get him in free agency.