Holy Shit! They're trying turn Baseball into slow pitch softball!

Rydawg

2 hours ago, Michael said:

This isn't nearly that big of an issue.

You don't think so?  I mean you can be pinch hit or run for and still stay in the game.  That's Bush league stuff.  Also, the homeowners derby thing for extra innings? Sort of like a shoot out in hockey or soccer.  I hate all of these stupid ideas.  

7 inning double headers due to COVID, I can accept.  Starting with a runner on second in extras, again, understandable due to the circumstances.  As long as they are temporary.  

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

You don't think so?  I mean you can be pinch hit or run for and still stay in the game.  That's Bush league stuff.  Also, the homeowners derby thing for extra innings? Sort of like a shoot out in hockey or soccer.  I hate all of these stupid ideas. 

It can only happen once though and in certain cases may be very useful. Like the game Alfaro had to leave recently and Wallach came in, there's definitely some time where we could have hit for Chad and then had him stay in. For injury cases at least, should be acceptable.

The home run derby in extras, rather at least go with that as an absolute last resort. Such as, innings 10-12 go as normal innings, then 13 and 14 with runner on 2nd. If it somehow reaches the 15th, then, fine, go with that. But I'm not for this one.

The only one for me that really seemed possibly good was the designated pinch runner. Hello, Billy Hamilton, you've got a heck of a use now.

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

7 inning double headers due to COVID, I can accept.  Starting with a runner on second in extras, again, understandable due to the circumstances.  As long as they are temporary.  

A home run derby is actually worse than a shoot out. In soccer and hockey, putting the ball/puck in the goal is literally the only way to score so a shoot out is not so bad of a compromise. For baseball, home runs are just one of the many ways. Why should home run hitting teams get an advantage when speedy contact teams can score just the same ie the 2015 Royals?

As for the COVID rules, the 7 inning DH is just awful. I would be okay with the runner on 2nd if you gave 3 innings of normal play before implementing it. Start it in the 13th, not the 10th.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

Also, the homeowners derby thing for extra innings?

This one is particularly troubling considering how many players actually rent their in-season homes as opposed to owning them. It would be a shame to exclude several players from this just because they aren't homeowners. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

This one is particularly troubling considering how many players actually rent their in-season homes as opposed to owning them. It would be a shame to exclude several players from this just because they aren't homeowners. 

Sorry I'm in the insurance industry.   Force of habit.  LMAO

• Banana 1