Injured Players Update Thread

FishFan95

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

Shit McFuck.

This is his chance to prove he belongs here. Lets hope he goes on a tear. Dude is very talented he just hasnt been consistent but I honestly think he has what it takes. 🙏🏻

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am confused. I thought you can only call up guys from the taxi squad while on the road? Isn't that the whole explanation for why Devers got added?

I guess not! 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Isan was added to the taxi squad between series after passing protocols and we didn't hear anything about it?

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am confused. I thought you can only call up guys from the taxi squad while on the road? Isn't that the whole explanation for why Devers got added?

Yea... so confusing lol  Who knows...

Just now, Michael said:

I guess not! 🤷‍♂️ Maybe Isan was added to the taxi squad between series after passing protocols and we didn't hear anything about it?

This may be it.

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes Isan was added to the taxi squad. The squad can change. When Anderson went on the IL, it was in SF and Isan wasn't on the squad for that trip so Devers got the call on that first day of the trip but Isan was added later. I guess Isan basically replaced Devers on the squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FishFry said:

If they do, I hope it’s not Harrison. We need power bats or in our case anyone who can hit past the infield. 

Monte crushed the ball in spring.

I know, that means nothing. Good signs though.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, FishFan95 said:

The gist of the article is as follows:

Jazz is on the verge of returning to the club.

Alfaro had a setback so they are going to slow down his return.

Elieser is about to start a rehab stint. They want to work him up to 75 pitches before his return, so keep track of his pitch counts.

Marte is doing soft toss hitting and should start full batting practice by next week. Presumably he will do a rehab stint after that.

Sixto is about to start a long toss program. They are going to go slow with him. Probably mid to late June I would assume on a return.

Eddy Cabrera has been throwing 30 pitch bullpen sessions. He will report to AAA when he is ready to go.

Jorge Guzman has been throwing at 105 feet on flat ground. No timetable given for him.

Brinson won't be getting any hitting opportunities for the time being. Just defense and pinch running spots like last night.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

Brinson won't be getting any hitting opportunities for the time being. Just defense and pinch running spots like last night.

Just put him on the IL then ...

Why activate Jazz when you can keep Lewis “Usain Bolt” Brinson on the bench for pinch running situations? We would lose the third fastest player on our bench without Brinson, you guys aren’t thinking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.