Jump to content

4/27 Post Game Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

 

Yeah, the actual video is completely different than the "static" quote in the tweet.

 

His quote is "we replace him and move on" with a laugh because he knows you can't really replace him.  As you point out, he's pointing out that you obviously don't want anyone hurt/out, but you have to roll with the punches, unfortunately.

I see it differently.  Watching the whole quote, he seemed to catch himself as being a jerk and then reiterated his answer.  There are two different implications in his answer with Jazz.  One had feelings (Don being a jerk) that are rooted with Jazz in a bigger context.  The other is the obvious next man up mentality that focuses on the team and not emotions.  Go watch the video.  First part emotional (laughing) second part is cut off from Jazz to the team (next man up).  Not hard to separate the two. 

Edited by FishFry
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FishFry said:

I see it differently.  Watching the whole quote, he seemed to catch himself as being a jerk and then reiterated his answer.  There are two different implications in his answer with Jazz.  One had feelings (Don being a jerk) that are rooted with Jazz in a bigger context.  The other is the obvious next man up mentality that focuses on the team and not emotions.  Go watch the video.  First part emotional (laughing) second part is cut off from Jazz to the team (next man up).  Not hard to separate the two. 

Why would he be a jerk towards Jazz? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Why would he be a jerk towards Jazz? 

Not directly to Jazz but more on the premise of the front office moving Jazz into the lead-off spot.  I won’t dismiss it as not a personal issue either. Here is the body of evidence so far. (1) Jazz was given a day off after a HR while showing some progressive energy that might not have sit well with Don. (2) Double switching Jazz out of the fourth inning. (3) The front office move to put Jazz leading-off.  (4)Too “Well, we will just replace him (laughing).  

It’s still all speculation on my part but I’m starting to see a pattern that I don’t like.  Doesn’t just revolve around Jazz either. It’s a similitude of personnel, inconsistency, over managing and not showing any urgency in some of those losses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Not directly to Jazz but more on the premise of the front office moving Jazz into the lead-off spot.  I won’t dismiss it as not a personal issue either. Here is the body of evidence so far. (1) Jazz was given a day off after a HR while showing some progressive energy that might not have sit well with Don. (2) Double switching Jazz out of the fourth inning. (3) The front office move to put Jazz leading-off.  (4)Too “Well, we will just replace him (laughing).  

It’s still all speculation on my part but I’m starting to see a pattern that I don’t like.  Doesn’t just revolve around Jazz either. It’s a similitude of personnel, inconsistency, over managing and not showing any urgency in some of those losses. 

Actually, this is a lot about nothing.

It’s an out of context quote tweet from Craig Mish, who, for whatever reason, has been tweeting very pessimistic lately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Erick said:

Actually, this is a lot about nothing.

It’s an out of context quote tweet from Craig Mish, who, for whatever reason, has been tweeting very pessimistic lately. 

I think Mesh knows more than us.  You used the wrong example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FishFry said:

I think Mesh knows more than us.  You used the wrong example.

Mish has been hating on the front office too lately so, if that’s the case, the problem is a lot deeper than Mattingly.

Mattingly is actually one of the few he’s said good things about lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Erick said:

Mish has been hating on the front office too lately so, if that’s the case, the problem is a lot deeper than Mattingly.

Mattingly is actually one of the few he’s said good things about lately.

Every time I reset my indifferences with Don, he just sucks me back in like a magnet.   Maybe I have a hexagonal personality but try not to come across as biased or a conspirator.  Thats why I try and give examples.  

Anyways, what’s been said is done (Dons words) just time to move on.

Go Marlins!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FishFry said:

I see it differently.  Watching the whole quote, he seemed to catch himself as being a jerk and then reiterated his answer.  There are two different implications in his answer with Jazz.  One had feelings (Don being a jerk) that are rooted with Jazz in a bigger context.  The other is the obvious next man up mentality that focuses on the team and not emotions.  Go watch the video.  First part emotional (laughing) second part is cut off from Jazz to the team (next man up).  Not hard to separate the two. 

He could also be laughing because there's been a lot of injuries lately and they've had to just move on without whatever player it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

He could also be laughing because there's been a lot of injuries lately and they've had to just move on without whatever player it is.

miami marlins baseball GIF by MLB

Donnie, after Dickerson & Coop was injured earlier today.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...