4/30 馬林魚隊(Marlins) 作客 華盛頓(Washington)

Just now, hovertical said:

I honestly wouldn't care if Brinson and/or Harrison are let go.  Either/or.  From what we've seen of Monte's pitch zone recognition so far though and his wild swings he does look worse than Brinson - he just has more power and looks like he should be a strong safety or something.

Needs more than 51 Ab's tho

2 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

It's a good thing Jazz got off to a hot start or some on here would be calling for his release also.  Lol

• Like 1
Just now, Ema2R said:

at one point people kept saying that about Brinson too but  you could tell way back then that had zero ability to recognize pitches and have quality at bats and now here we are years later and he still is well below replacement level. From how atrocious his at bats looked last season - yeah, i don't see much upside.  Jazz, even though he struck out a lot - he still had some quality ab's and you could tell there was potential there.  Monte's at bats literally looked like they hauled some dude out of the stands and told him just swing as hard as you can no matter what or where they throw it.

5 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

It's a good thing Jazz got off to a hot start or some on here would be calling for his release also.  Lol

💯

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

@taiwanmarlin,为什么“马林鱼”?”枪鱼"是什么吗?我以为是“枪鱼。”😬

中国没有marlins鱼吗?

“馬林魚”跟“槍魚”都是“Marlin”,“馬林”是由“Marlin”的讀音翻譯過來的。

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

at one point people kept saying that about Brinson too but  you could tell way back then that had zero ability to recognize pitches and have quality at bats and now here we are years later and he still is well below replacement level. From how atrocious his at bats looked last season - yeah, i don't see much upside.  Jazz, even though he struck out a lot - he still had some quality ab's and you could tell there was potential there.  Monte's at bats literally looked like they hauled some dude out of the stands and told him just swing as hard as you can no matter what or where they throw it.

I've always been higher on Monte than Brinson though. Lets hope this is the year he breaks out.