Sign in to follow this  
MarlinsFan19

Last Night Was Our 2nd Highest Tuesday Night Attendance of 2019

Just now, SonOfJack said:

There should be a rule, don't know if there is one.

I'm surprised there isn't a legal argument calling it fraud. I'm sure attendance effects valuation price.

Just now, SonOfJack said:

There should be a rule, don't know if there is one.

Just a guess, but I'm assuming teams can report either:

1) SOLD tickets as "attendance" (what Loria did, and would pad them with "buying" $1 tickets from himself), or

2) actual tickets scanned/fans actually coming in the door (what we're doing now)

14 minutes ago, fish53 said:

Isn't there or shouldn't there be a consistent rule for reporting attendance?

If there was one we wouldn't be having this debate now. Clearly seems like clubs can report it however they choose. 

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Just a guess, but I'm assuming teams can report either:

1) SOLD tickets as "attendance" (what Loria did, and would pad them with "buying" $1 tickets from himself), or

2) actual tickets scanned/fans actually coming in the door (what we're doing now)

Both of those are leaving out free tickets which Loria counted and Jeter supposedly doesn't. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fish53 said:

Isn't there or shouldn't there be a consistent rule for reporting attendance?

There doesn't appear to be, since some count at the turnstiles (how the Marlins do it now) and some count total tickets sold (as we did in the Loria era).

18 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Really?  I remember reading comments and things all the time about "reported attendance is X, but there definitely was a lot fewer than X in the park"

I saw those kind of frequently in the last two years of Joe Robbie, but not at Marlins Park.

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Both of those are leaving out free tickets which Loria counted and Jeter supposedly doesn't. 

How would the second one leave out free tickets?  If the people show up with the free ticket, and it's scanned (someone going in), it counts as someone attending/toward overall attendance.

17 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

If attendance is going up now, how will this impact the experience?

It will help the experience tremendously, but it will make it harder to remember the score or who is even playing.

16 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

It will help the experience tremendously, but it will make it harder to remember the score or who is even playing.

Someone who is good with photoshop needs to take a Jimi Hendrix Experience album and replace Jimi Hendrix with Derek jeter on the cover