5/2 Marlins at Nationals - 1:05 pm

4 minutes ago, Erick said:

I normally try to defend Don since he gets enough criticism already, but this one makes no sense. Aguilar should be in...if anything, rest Cooper.

Exactly. Cooper's been struggling. Larger sample size against Scherzer and worse career numbers than Aguilar.

I feel like Brinson doesn't get to be called "Sweet Lew" until he does something consistently.  And being bad/rolling into double plays doesn't count.

• Like 1

I guess this season will really see if this team is trying to win or just talking the talk. So many positions that can easily be replaced with prospects or other options. 

Just now, Michael said:

Oh no, Paul thinks Monte and Brinson look the same.

Just wait for the double switch putting Sierra in LF, then his head will really be spinning.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Oh no, Paul thinks Monte and Brinson look the same.

1 minute ago, Erick said:

Paul Severino just confused Lewis Brinson and Monte Harrison. 

The only defense I'll attempt to offer at this is that they're not actually there, so maybe it's hard to tell with camera angles they have at times?  (I'm switching back and forth between the Marlins and Inter Miami game, so I didn't see it).

3 minutes ago, Erick said:

I normally try to defend Don since he gets enough criticism already, but this one makes no sense. Aguilar should be in...if anything, rest Cooper.

I don't hate Donnie.  He manages a good clubhouse and his players love him. Also, 90% (just a guess) of managers use the same playbook so to speak.  Today is just a frustrating move to bench Aguilar.   Also, all of the unnecessary double switching lately is mind boggling.

8 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I understand his logic.  I just don't agree with it.  Aguilar plays 1st base.  Not necessarily a demanding position.   Also, we need his bat in the lineup.

This team not only have the innings limit for the young pitchers but also have the plate appearances limit for the veteran hitters …

• Haha 2

Good lord I hadn't realized the team was going back to Miami then back out far west again a week later. Whoever made these schedules ...

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Good lord I hadn't realized the team was going back to Miami then back out far west again a week later. Whoever made these schedules ...

Can we double switch the schedule for another schedule? I think Don can do it.

“Exciting times to be a Marlins fan, things are only going to get better.” - Todd Hollandsworth.

As a Marlins fan that is what you hear every single year. Still waiting for things to get better, since every single season feels like a rebuild and the Marlins have been “3-4 years away” from being a contender for the last 15 years.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, pollythewog said:

Two absolutely terrible 0-2 pitches this inning.  Where’s the change up?

There it is

• Haha 1