5/4 Marlins have no choice but to win vs. D'backs

5 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I don’t understand why Isan is starting now that BA is back. Berti should be playing 2nd base until Jazz comes back.

That’s a good point.

7 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I don’t understand why Isan is starting now that BA is back. Berti should be playing 2nd base until Jazz comes back.

Oh, I know the answer to this one:

Mattingly.

Just now, rmc523 said:

Oh, I know the answer to this one:

Mattingly.

Probably because Isan hit a HR on Sunday so this is his reward. I mean it’s great that he got a couple of hits the other day, but that shouldn’t mean that he should be the starter. I made the point the other day that, yes, guys like Isan will get a big hit every 8-10 ABs but so does Pablo Lopez. 😂

Just now, SirFishFan said:

Probably because Isan hit a HR on Sunday so this is his reward. I mean it’s great that he got a couple of hits the other day, but that shouldn’t mean that he should be the starter. I made the point the other day that, yes, guys like Isan will get a big hit every 8-10 ABs but so does Pablo Lopez. 😂

No, Isan hitting a homer usually means he gets the next game off, that's the other Donnie Special.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SirFishFan said:

Look, Berti hasn't been hitting and Isan is having some good at bats and taking walks. Berti has made his errors at third as well.  Isan might not win a gold glove but he's obviously not as bad as he's been today defensively.   He's been doing well out there since being called up. Let's just take it back a notch.  

For people that were all in on this rebuild, many of you are impatient letting these kids develop.   Some will pan out and some will be bust, but one thing is certain.  You have to give them the opportunity to develop.

• Like 2

Just now, Michael said:

No, Isan hitting a homer usually means he gets the next game off, that's the other Donnie Special.

No that’s only for Jazz and Aguilar. Dick and Isan still get the starts. Left Handed Batter privilege. 😂

1 minute ago, Rydawg said:

For people that were all in on this rebuild, many of you are impatient letting these kids develop.

Probably cause it's year 3 or 4 of the rebuild depending on when you consider it fully started, and we had a playoff run last year. So I kinda get it but I also agree with you.

2 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

No that’s only for Jazz and Aguilar. Dick and Isan still get the starts. Left Handed Batter privilege. 😂

Jazz is a lefty batter.

Dummy.

❤️ 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

If Floro is taking the 7th, is Bass taking the 8th?

... Or is The Bender getting his debut in the 8th?

Me too.  Probably Bass over Bender because how could they justify keeping Bender down so long. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FishFry said:

Thought Floro was the setup man?

He is. Don's just gonna let him go the 7th and 8th for Yimi.

Edited by Ema2R