What’s the secret

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Is the red being used, "Caliente Red" or a different shade

Looks the same to me, if it's different it's not a noticeable difference... but in the promotional/marketing material it's being called "Legacy Red."

52 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I know people hate it but I've lived in Miami for over thirty years and there is a basis for the nightlife-black designs around here. I almost think it's insulting that everyone assumes everything and everyone in Miami is all brightly colored all the time. There's actually a lot of dark fashion around here that then has an energy and brightness on top of that both visually and in terms of atmosphere.

image.png.3573a0fed9dbcea3983866e46b3b8c94.png

This is basically as much Miami as tropical beaches and bright colors.

I get it, and am not completely opposed to black.  I just don't like completely relegating the team's most unique colors to some sleeve trim.  Like I said above, give me a blue game alternate and I'm good.

38 minutes ago, QbanCastillo said:

Upwards of $400 is laughably absurd but these jerseys are definitely fire.

Hat is fire too. 

Does anyone know if these are limited quantities? Or would it be fine if I hold off a few months and then buy (the replica, of course, not the rip-off priced-one)?

I usually just get the replicas for that reason.  I know the authentics are nicer materials and whatnot, but for as little as I wear them, I can't justify the extra cost.

I'd imagine they'll be relatively limited.  But who knows, maybe they'll pump them out all year?

37 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

They'll be worn for a few years so no there's no reason these should be limited quantities.

Hmm, I was under the impression they're going to do a new city design every year.  Maybe I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I just don't like completely relegating the team's most unique colors to some sleeve trim.

Yea I agree with this 100%. I defend the black to a point because I believe many dismiss it too easily but I'm not opposed to scaling back the heavy use of black.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hmm, I was under the impression they're going to do a new city design every year.  Maybe I'm wrong.

This year there's about six teams who will unveil their city jerseys. Every year a few new teams will unveil new designs until all 30 teams have theirs. While we wait the few years for this, teams who have already unveiled theirs will continue to wear their designs. So the Marlins will continue wearing this jersey for several years. I definitely do like that more than having teams come up with a new design each year.

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yea I agree with this 100%. I defend the black to a point because I believe many dismiss it too easily but I'm not opposed to scaling back the heavy use of black.

This year there's about six teams who will unveil their city jerseys. Every year a few new teams will unveil new designs until all 30 teams have theirs. While we wait the few years for this, teams who have already unveiled theirs will continue to wear their designs. So the Marlins will continue wearing this jersey for several years. I definitely do like that more than having teams come up with a new design each year.

I knew about the staggered rollout, but figured it'd be the yearly money grab.  Seems like they went this direction and stopped doing those yearly mothers/fathers day full uniforms.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I knew about the staggered rollout, but figured it'd be the yearly money grab.  Seems like they went this direction and stopped doing those yearly mothers/fathers day full uniforms.

if you do it EVERY year you end up with less money long term.

Year 1 great.

Year 2 less great

and so on.

I'm sure thats what happened with the mothers/fathers day uniforms. 

Its why teams update their stuff not every year but every x years.  

Are these only going to be worn for the weekend series though? And basically one weekend every year? We should do something cool like wear them on Sundays at least. It’s wack enough we never wear the baby blue on Sundays.

Just now, Erick said:

Are these only going to be worn for the weekend series though? And basically one weekend every year? We should do something cool like wear them on Sundays at least. It’s wack enough we never wear the baby blue on Sundays.

Going to be worn at least once a month.

• Like 1

I like the red color on the new uniforms, I’m not crazy about the hat, though. I think that they could have incorporated a Marlin fish on there somewhere.

Having a little crown on the hat looks pretty silly IMO. What are the Marlins kings of, striking out with the bases loaded and 1 out?

Just now, SirFishFan said:

I like the red color on the new uniforms, I’m not crazy about the hat, though. I think that they could have incorporated a Marlin fish on there somewhere.

Having a little crown on the hat looks pretty silly IMO. What are the Marlins kings of, striking out with the bases loaded and 1 out?

It’s because of the whole Sugar Kings thing. 

27 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

They did put the fish on the side FWIW:

image.png.030692c3dfa01be006295420e36fd464.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They did put the fish on the side FWIW:

image.png.030692c3dfa01be006295420e36fd464.png

After some more time looking at it, I like the hat now, I don’t mind the crown. But I especially like the blue and red color combination. Looks pretty vibrant. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, Michael said:

That's normal for an authentic jersey though. The blue one I got was about that much in 2019.

That's normal for authentic that actually have a player's name on the jersey, not blank ones. But it get it since it is a limited time offer.

4 hours ago, el_gmac said:

it isn't personal if your aren't a Marlins a fan

wasn't aware that calling someone a fool was related to being a Marlins fan.

Just trying to know the rules so I can properly break them.

So calling someone a fool is obviously ok I assume?

For my 'nazi' mods that actually do work around here.  TIA.  

11 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Looks like the Replica jerseys are already sold out. Not blowing over $400 on an Authentic. So, I just got the t-shirt. I didn't have a red shirt anyway so I guess it works out. 

In my day replicas were 50 and authentics were 100

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.