Harrison optioned to AAA, BA activated from IL

• SonOfJack changed the title to Harrison optioned to AAA, BA activated from IL

I like Monte but man... he sure ain't helping his case if he keeps talking... I think if he doesnt 🤐 he will be on another team very soon.

• Like 1

First he tweeted "lol" the other day when he was asked to bunt in the 10th and now this. 

Sure, both times he can claim its about something else but the timing speaks for itself.

I’d say move him while he has any real value. That Yelich trade is looking Brutal. One already moved, one on his last legs in Bronson, one  that sucks when he’s up and wants to talk crap and the other is looking like a toss up in Isan 

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Nah ... maybe no longer being the nice guy is what he needs.

He'll be back up in June now after ripping up AAA. 

So he was being nice to the opposing pitchers before?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, SonOfJack said:

So he was being nice to the opposing pitchers before?

Guess so! But no, I agree with what you said here:

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Monte's agent should advise him to cut it out. Its a bad look and the other teams are watching too.

I imagine it was a situation of Last In First Out - Monte was the last one called up and now he's the first one sent back. Wanting him getting every day ABs isn't a bad thing so I don't know why he sees it that way.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Michael said:

Nah ... maybe no longer being the nice guy is what he needs.

He'll be back up in June now after ripping up AAA. 

He may very well do that. I just can’t stand the presented attitude that says I’m owed something for doing nothing. If  he had visibly performed I can understand the frustration but the way he presents it with little context to his situation really screams this organization owes it to me to keep me up. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ema2R said:

I like Monte but man... he sure ain't helping his case if he keeps talking... I think if he doesnt 🤐 he will be on another team very soon.

hopefully a division rival

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

He may very well do that. I just can’t stand the presented attitude that says I’m owed something for doing nothing. If  he had visibly performed I can understand the frustration but the way he presents it with little context to his situation really screams this organization owes it to me to keep me up. 

I'm with ya.

I wonder if his frustration also stems from the fact that they waited until late TODAY to send him down rather than doing it yesterday and he could have been in the game for Jacksonville tonight, ya know?

Not saying he should have tweeted that but if he's frustrated with THAT in particular, I get it.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

lol, whatever that means.

Hopefully he gets a chip on his shoulder and starts doing well forcing another callup.

I don't understand keeping Devers, though.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't get the mentioning of Devers and Harrison. It's not like they're both infielders, one has nothing to do with the other. If anything, I see it as less of a slap in the face that they sent Monte down. Means they value him enough that they want him getting regular reps. And had he actually shown up in the time he's been up in the big leagues, you better belive he'd be the starting Center fielder. But he's shit the bed every chance he gets. The marlins don't owe him any sort of patience. Figure your shit out, or get sent down till you do. Simple as that.

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

It's easy for us to sit here and say, but he has to prove he belongs here before any of that happens.

Play better, force your way into the lineup (and out of it with Don's double switches lol), and you won't be sent down...

I don't necessarily have a problem with a player voicing his displeasure with being sent down too.......but I'd rather see it in a case where he didn't deserve to get sent down.  i.e. he was playing really well and was a victim of a roster issue.  Monte really wasn't doing anything, so to me doesn't "deserve" to be publicly disappointed.....privately, obviously you don't want to get sent down regardless of the situation.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Michael said:

Don having his player's backs is at least one good thing for him.

Don has always been a good players manager, but it's his bullpen and line-up management that just leaves you puzzled at times

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I don't necessarily have a problem with a player voicing his displeasure with being sent down too.......but I'd rather see it in a case where he didn't deserve to get sent down.  i.e. he was playing really well and was a victim of a roster issue.  Monte really wasn't doing anything, so to me doesn't "deserve" to be publicly disappointed.....privately, obviously you don't want to get sent down regardless of the situation.

I agree with this. Not the time to be bitching.

With that said, I wish Monte got a real consistent opportunity to prove himself. I mean Jazz sucked in 2020 as well but they've given him a starting spot this season and look how well that has gone. Maybe Monte needs consistency to prove himself. Of course that could also be why they wanted him sent down, so that he could play more. Tbh not every demotion is a punishment, maybe this is what he needs.